OSASUNA were dealt a blow ahead of Thursday's UEFA Cup clash after star striker Savo Milosevic picked up an injury in yesterday's 1-0 defeat at Racing Santander.

The Serbian hitman was substituted for Raul Garcia after just 23 minutes in the Estadio El Sardinero and is almost certain to miss the last 16 clash at Ibrox later this week.

The defeat was Osasuna's second consecutive loss in the league, although they remain 13th in La Liga.

Ian Durrant was in Spain to watch the match and Santander were unlucky to have a goal disallowed early on.

But they continued to press and secured all three points after 81 minutes when Juanjo tapped home Zigic's header, which Osasuna keeper Ricardo could only parry into his path.

Good if he is a doubt and hopefully there confidence will be low coming into this game

Well i'm more confident going into this game, as i am most games these days,the fact that we have tightened up at the back gives us a chance against most teams, Thursday we need to get at them right from the start, not gung ho, but play at a high tempo and try and rattle them and if we can come away with a win then i'd be confident of going through, although 0-0 wouldn't be a bad result, but a win is obviously better.

The local pamplona press are getting torn into the team and you feel that something has to give.

Ziganda has a dilema in that last midweek he played a reserve team in the spanish cup, resting his players for the w/e but come the game they played as badly as they have all season.

The local pamplona press aren´t sure what type of team he´ll be bringing to Glasgow.

My guess is that it´ll be a strong one. He might rest players for 2nd leg due to having a more important game the following w/e.

The Osasuna official site is saying that Milosevic isn´t going to travel.

Neither is their captain Punal who is suspended

Soldado didn´t train today either but is expected to be fit for Ibrox

Their squad will be announced after training tomorrow morning.

Cautionary note.

I remember the Aberdeen of Spain game in Valencia.

The weekend prior an old friend Bjorkland playing for Valencia,got injured and had to sit out the game against us, the experienced Djukic came in and played so well that the first team place remained his.

Bjorkland had been part of Valencia´s problem.

I see certain parrellels, although let´s hope I´m being paranoid.

I remember the Aberdeen of Spain game in Valencia.

Aye that was a quote..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, don't think anyone thinks we're going to walk the game, quite the opposite, they're a Spanish and therefore no mugs, we will have to be at our best, but we have a good chance in this game.

Osasuna Rocked By Injuries

OSASUNA will be without a number of key players when they arrive in Glasgow tomorrow ahead of Thursday's UEFA Cup clash.

David Lopez, OsasunaIt has been revealed that seasoned striker Savo Milosevic is out and will also miss next week's return in Pamplona after suffering a calf injury in Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Racing Santander.

Fellow front man Roberto Soldado is also out while key midfielder Pintxa Pinal is suspended. Coach Cuco Ziganda also has injury problems over Valdo and Delporte - who will not travel - and has named only 18 players for the first leg of the Round of 16 tie.

Ziganda tried a 4-1-4-1 formation in training today which he is set to use at Ibrox on Thursday night. The team he used was: Ricardo; Izquierdo, Cu�©llar, Miguel Fla�±o, Monreal; Nekounam; David L�³pez, Ra�ºl Garc�­a, Mu�±oz ,Juanlu; Web�³.

The Osasuna coach was going to freshen things up anwyway after creeping closer to the relegation zone in La Liga but he has been forced into a number of switches.

He said: "We have some problems with injuries and suspensions but there is a freshness about the squad I will take to Glasgow. The addition of Raul Garcia and Munoz will give us good attacking options.

"We are anticipating a more open game than we had in the last round against Bordeaux. We know that Rangers will constantly try to press us and we must contain Cuco Zigandathem.

"However, the more they come forward the bigger the spaces they will leave so we have to capitalise on this.

"I think Rangers will be really motivated because the final is in Glasgow this year but we have shown great spirit in this competition and we can continue to do this.

"I have to admit that if I was from Rangers and saw our last two matcheds then I would think I was the favourite but maybe that will work in our favour.

"We are looking forward to playing at Ibrox even although we know the fans will be urging Rangers on."

Osasuna arrive in Glasgow tomorow lunchtime and will train at Ibrox tomorrow night after a press conference at the stadium.

Above is the latest from the official site. Link: http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~992217,00.html

Also the game sold out today, but the Spaniards returned 1000 tickets which will go on sale to the Teddy bears.

C'mon guys lets sell this game out and use the voice of the fans to initmidate the opposition:

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~992225,00.html

This suggests they may employ a defensive formation so hopefully that means we'll have Boyd and Prso/Novo up front to try and take advantage of that.

I think it's imperative we keep a clean sheet though as I think this tie is 50/50.