Kirk Broadfoot: Tired Hibs will wilt just like Rangers did in 2008

I think that in the interest of sporting integrity, we should support any application Hibs make to the SPFL to have play offs postponed in the week leading up to the cup final. We'd need to get Killie to agree of course but after all...it's only sporting !

My take on it is :

1. If we need Hibs to have played extra games before being able to beat them then we shouldn't be beating them.

2. If we want Hibs to be beaten in the play offs and therefore demoralized in the SC final then we shouldn't be beating them.

Simply put.....If we show up, we WIN. Simples. Never mind the 3 weeks lay off, never mind the "sporting integrity" additional games, never mind the "we were rusty"..... SHOW UP AND WIN. Simples.

My take on it is :

1. If we need Hibs to have played extra games before being able to beat them then we shouldn't be beating them.

2. If we want Hibs to be beaten in the play offs and therefore demoralized in the SC final then we shouldn't be beating them.

Simply put.....If we show up, we WIN. Simples. Never mind the 3 weeks lay off, never mind the "sporting integrity" additional games, never mind the "we were rusty"..... SHOW UP AND WIN. Simples.

True but then we would not have two pages of debate and conjecture, i prefer the if's but's and maybe's to the obvious , somtimes lol. But then i suppose someone has to tell us as it should be.

The Scottish football authorities f*cked up with their pre-season planning, they've been getting away with it for years.

2008 was a different kettle of fish altogether...Rangers had a run in Europe which couldn't have been foreseen.

If two Premiership clubs had made the SCF this year then no problem, if one from any of the other leagues made it then who cares? Afterall it's all about the Premiership going by the 'planning'. So happens (just as well, from a Rangers (and Hibs) point of view) that TWO clubs from the lower leagues reach the final with no interference from the Premiership at all except that one of them has no game for 3 weeks and the other has either 2, 4 or 6 games to negotiate...again this has nothing to do with the 'top' clubs, that's not 'their' problem deal with it.

There's been a lot of nonsense scattered about 'sporting integrity' and all that, then those who are trusted to apply it come up with a fixtures list in July which is absolutely ridiculous, especially when Rangers and Hibernian are in the so called lower leagues.

Time to sack the current 'guardians' of our game and recruit people with no conflicting interests whatsoever.

The Scottish football authorities f*cked up with their pre-season planning, they've been getting away with it for years.

2008 was a different kettle of fish altogether...Rangers had a run in Europe which couldn't have been foreseen.

If two Premiership clubs had made the SCF this year then no problem, if one from any of the other leagues made it then who cares? Afterall it's all about the Premiership going by the 'planning'. So happens (just as well, from a Rangers (and Hibs) point of view) that TWO clubs from the lower leagues reach the final with no interference from the Premiership at all except that one of them has no game for 3 weeks and the other has either 2, 4 or 6 games to negotiate...again this has nothing to do with the 'top' clubs, that's not 'their' problem deal with it.

There's been a lot of nonsense scattered about 'sporting integrity' and all that, then those who are trusted to apply it come up with a fixtures list in July which is absolutely ridiculous, especially when Rangers and Hibernian are in the so called lower leagues.

Time to sack the current 'guardians' of our game and recruit people with no conflicting interests whatsoever.

I have had a couple of bottles of wine so bear with me....

I don't think the above is necessarily true, is it ? Had Killie made the SC final they too would have faced a number of games in a short space of time (albeit less than Hibs).

I think the issue is pretty clearly that the Scottish football authorities couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. That statement I think is fair...

I have had a couple of bottles of wine so bear with me....

I don't think the above is necessarily true, is it ? Had Killie made the SC final they too would have faced a number of games in a short space of time (albeit less than Hibs).

I think the issue is pretty clearly that the Scottish football authorities couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. That statement I think is fair...

I'm not sure who actually runs the game in Scotland but I suspect Celtic Aberdeen and Dundee Utd are taken into account and nothing should bother them when planning the seasons fixtures (Rangers don't count today 'cos they're deid).

Killie ending up in the play-off place is of no interest, if it was Plastic Whistle or any other club outside the aforementioned 'big three' the same rule would apply...Aberdeen and Dundee Utd would never have found themselves in the Play-Offs...not in a million years!

Edited by Bearman
Can't spell died...er, deid!

I'm not sure who actually runs the game in Scotland but I suspect Celtic Aberdeen and Dundee Utd are taken into account and nothing should bother them when planning the seasons fixtures (Rangers don't count today 'cos they're deid).

Killie ending up in the play-off place is of no interest, if it was Plastic Whistle or any other club outside the aforementioned 'big three' the same rule would apply...Aberdeen and Dundee Utd would never have found themselves in the Play-Offs...not in a million years!

And therein lies the problem..... Those in charge of fixture scheduling are supposed to be taking account of every eventuality. Even worse is that Rangers last season didn't get the automatic promotion spot and had to endure the play off route... which meant there was every possibility of a recurrence this season... and yet all they had to say was "what are the chances of Rangers making the SC final"..... the reality is that it was a POSSIBILITY. And it was a POSSIBILITY that Rangers had to gain promotion through the play off route (feel free to replace Rangers with Hibs or Falkirk or Raith or QotS). Given that this season's fixture scheduling is an absolute FARCE. The fact that Rangers may be the benefactors of our opponents playing 7 games in 20 days should give none of us pleasure and, in fact, should see every single supporter in the country embarrassed at this eventuality.

Those who organized the scheduling should resign. It really IS that simple. It is a complete abdication of duty. And there is no "ignorance" defence given last year's situation.

I said somewhere on here some time ago that the Play-Offs were introduced in the event Rangers could end up in them.

The plonkers in charge certainly got that spot on, but they only got ONE year of the blue pound instead of two, jammy bast@rds!

The Play-Offs will be consigned to history once Rangers establish themselves again, and a bigger league will be in place too. Mark my words.

Edited by Bearman