Rangers appointment of MW & DW have raised interest in the Scottish game,the BHEASTS have had to raise the ante because of this,it is a good appointment for them and I don't know the financial implications of this appointment!,also the fact they have about 250 players on good money with lengthy contracts who are not producing,it is going to cause them huge financial outlay to clear them out.........................all thanks to Rangers & MW.

This is correct. Getting outplayed by us in the semi will have given them a fright and forced their hand to up their game. This is exactly what we need to be happening. The only way I can see either of us becoming half decent European teams again is if we both challenge each other to keep improving. I regularly say that the last time I believe either of the old firm were particularly good was in 02/03 when we both had teams of quality internationalists and were pretty well matched.

What we don't want to see is a return to the days of signing poor bosman players and being content with just aspiring to be 1 point better than a poor Celtic team.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Are you being serious :laugh:? Selling Suarez isn't something he would have had any involvement in.

Since you've now went back and edited the post. . Yes I'm serious. So he had no say in bringing in balotelli to replace him In his capacity as manager???

Why are you so worried? Highest paid manager on scotland ever or not.. he spent near 300 million and didn't win a thing... pretty sure that's quite a fete for a Liverpool manager..

Since you've now went back and edited the post. . Yes I'm serious. So he had no say in bringing in balotelli to replace him In his capacity as manager???

Why are you so worried? Highest paid manager on scotland ever or not.. he spent near 300 million and didn't win a thing... pretty sure that's quite a fete for a Liverpool manager..

My point is that you cannot criticise him for selling Suarez because it's not something he would have been involved in. If your point is Balotelli was a poor replacement then fair enough, though it's always going to be very difficult replacing a £60m+ world class player with someone who costs a fraction of that. Balotelli's not a player I particularly like though he had performed well the season before with Milan and has been notoriously inconsistent throughout his career.

Rodgers didn't do well with Liverpool but his win percentage is higher than Jurgen Klopp's, and Klopp's one of the best managers in the world. Liverpool have proven to be a difficult club to manage for some time now. Rodgers previous track record with Swansea was excellent.

Coaching in Scotland is also much, much easier than the English Premiership. I think Rodgers' performance with Liverpool is completely irrelevant to be honest because he showed at Swansea that he's way above the usual standard up here.

P.S. spending hundreds of millions and not winning anything is pretty common in England. Look at Chelsea this season.

I can never tell if your intentionally trolling or not , I will presume not.. funny to see we have our own little rodgers fan who supports Chelsea.

Anyway.. if you spend 280 million and can't win anything.. not a sausage... for a team as 'big' as Liverpool then your not exactly proving to be a great manager.

I don't particularly like Liverpool but I know for a fact those years hurt . Even the year he inherited the team with suarez et all. They still goosed up there league challenge.

Comparing win ratios means absolutely fa when you manage a team like Liverpool. They want trophies no a high win ratio.

Like comparing apples and oranges here.

Swansea has the backbone of a good club and youth system... Rodgers didn't create that.

Put it this way. . I'm happier it's rodgers than Martinez or Moyes

And yes.. of course he wouldn't have chosen to sell suarez.. but he picked the shite replacement. Didn't think it would need spelled out right enough

Edited by blueflag

This is correct. Getting outplayed by us in the semi will have given them a fright and forced their hand to up their game. This is exactly what we need to be happening. The only way I can see either of us becoming half decent European teams again is if we both challenge each other to keep improving. I regularly say that the last time I believe either of the old firm were particularly good was in 02/03 when we both had teams of quality internationalists and were pretty well matched.

What we don't want to see is a return to the days of signing poor bosman players and being content with just aspiring to be 1 point better than a poor Celtic team.

Both teams will struggle to get back to the days of "quality internationalists" because the money simply isn't in the game in Scotland.

Celtic have just spent 3 million to get Rodgers out of his gardening leave plus a salary of 2.3 million a year. A MASSIVE financial gamble. They needed to as ST sales were terrible, but there are no guarantees. We finish above them in the league and the hordes will be demanding his head.

I can never tell if your intentionally trolling or not , I will presume not.. funny to see we have our own little rodgers fan who supports Chelsea.

You have quite a strangely condescending attitude for a member of this website's admin team! I think he showed at Swansea that he's a good manager in the English Premiership and as such I consider him an extremely impressive appointment for a Scottish football team.

Anyway.. if you spend 280 million and can't win anything.. not a sausage... for a team as 'big' as Liverpool then your not exactly proving to be a great manager.

A net spend of £91.3m: http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Brendan_Rodgers/Transfers

And what trophies are Liverpool expected to win exactly? In the last 11 seasons they have won a league cup and no other major tournament - they haven't had sustained success for many moons. In 13/14 they finished second under him and were 2 points off Man City.

I don't particularly like Liverpool but I know for a fact those years hurt . Even the year he inherited the team with suarez et all. They still goosed up there league challenge.

Their title challenge was in his second season. The first time in 5 seasons they had been anywhere near the top of the table.

Comparing win ratios means absolutely fa when you manage a team like Liverpool. They want trophies no a high win ratio.

They might want trophies but they very rarely win them. The reason I mentioned Klopp's win record was to show that even a manager of his calibre has had issues and in recent history they've proved a difficult club to manage.

Swansea has the backbone of a good club and youth system... Rodgers didn't create that.

I never said he did. It doesn't change the fact he did a very good job with them.

Put it this way. . I'm happier it's rodgers than Martinez or Moyes

All three would have been good appointments. Celtic are a team competing in a dreadful league and who are now at the level of finishing bottom in Europa League groups. This isn't the English Premiership.

And yes.. of course he wouldn't have chosen to sell suarez.. but he picked the shite replacement. Didn't think it would need spelled out right enough

He didn't sell Suarez though, it's not something he'd have been involved in. And as already said, it's pretty difficult replacing a £60m+ world class player with one who cost £16m. Granted it was a poor signing and not one I would have made, but your point would hold more credibility had he replaced Suarez with a player who cost something more inline with his transfer fee.

Both teams will struggle to get back to the days of "quality internationalists" because the money simply isn't in the game in Scotland.

I don't expect to see the likes of Numan, Arteta, De Boer etc any time soon but we can still aspire to attract a much higher quality of player than what we've been used to in recent seasons. That has already improved under Warburton. The stronger Celtic are, the more we will be pushed to improve and vice versa. Look how atrocious they have become in our absence.

Celtic have just spent 3 million to get Rodgers out of his gardening leave plus a salary of 2.3 million a year. A MASSIVE financial gamble. They needed to as ST sales were terrible, but there are no guarantees. We finish above them in the league and the hordes will be demanding his head.

It was £1.7m per year I saw quoted? Regardless, that is a lot of money though sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and there's no person more important to a club than the manager. In terms of Scottish football, Celtic spent a fortune under Deila. I'd rather spend more on a manager who know's what he's doing.

You have quite a strangely condescending attitude for a member of this website's admin team! I think he showed at Swansea that he's a good manager in the English Premiership and as such I consider him an extremely impressive appointment for a Scottish football team.

A net spend of £91.3m: http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Brendan_Rodgers/Transfers

And what trophies are Liverpool expected to win exactly? In the last 11 seasons they have won a league cup and no other major tournament - they haven't had sustained success for many moons. In 13/14 they finished second under him and were 2 points off Man City.

Their title challenge was in his second season. The first time in 5 seasons they had been anywhere near the top of the table.

They might want trophies but they very rarely win them. The reason I mentioned Klopp's win record was to show that even a manager of his calibre has had issues and in recent history they've proved a difficult club to manage.

I never said he did. It doesn't change the fact he did a very good job with them.

All three would have been good appointments. Celtic are a team competing in a dreadful league and who are now at the level of finishing bottom in Europa League groups. This isn't the English Premiership.

Firstly, I am who I am, you would get the same answers from me if I was a user/mod/admin.. condescending is a touch melodramatic. For what it's worth I'm more a technical admin than a board admin and I certainly don't feel any superiority when replying to you.

Onto your other little love thing you got going on with Brendan,

Only Roy Hodgson, apart from Brendan of course, had failed to win anything at Liverpool since 1959.

That doesn't include a caretaker manager in 1991.. (Ronnie Morgan only had 10 games in charge)

Doesn't matter what cups or trophies they won, they still won them.

Brendan acquired a team including Suarez, Gerrard and many others

Your link about transfers is "net spend"

Let's look at his money spent like I said in first post.

Try here

http://Http://www.lfchistory.net/transfers/bymanager/25-1

Here I will make it easy for you

"Brendan rodgers bought 33 players for 292,050,000"

25 million on lallana

20 million on lovren (����)

29 million on firmino

16 million for balotelli

Arguably I'd say his best signing was probably sturridge at a measly 12 million.

Let's compare his win ratio after Klopp has had another 115 games

Klopp certainly inherited no superstar Suarez or Gerrard

God sake even Kenny Dalglish managed a 47% win rate in his most recent spell(currently just above Klopp).... Means nowt

Edited by blueflag