Only were 3 boxes to tick really...McLaughlin seemed happy enough mind you...the sellik guy high up (not dermott) who he interviewed outside where the old recently demolished listed school building stood was hesitant and stuttery when the scrote drooled his questions at him - he genuinely looked nervous...maybe it was the cameras.

Who did he interview?

IMO this appointment is primarily for football reasons. On the face of it Rodgers is a coup for Celtic but taken as a whole it is also a financial gamble. Even with increased ST sales, the CL qualifiers this summer become ever more important to them. They will be played at a time when you'd imagine their squad to be undergoing fundamental change.

We simply have to concentrate on what we are doing regards building the infrastructure and getting value for every pound spent.

It's not all about the size of warchests and newspaper headlines. We should know that only too well.

We are in a good place and have forced them into taking a gamble.

The Northern Irishman will earn £2.3m a year at Parkhead and Record Sport understands the Hoops also coughed up £3m to release him from his gardening leave agreement with Liverpool which was worth £10m over the next two years.

Rodgers is the highest-paid boss in Scottish football history with a weekly wage of around £45,000 on a 12-month rolling contract.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-break-bank-hand-brendan-8017062#xyPdc80DovUI4mdl.99

As soon as we pump them in the first game against them!

We need to get half a dozen players in first before we can think of doing that on a regular basis.

After today CB's who can defend set pieces & someone up front who can hold the ball up are a must

We need to get half a dozen players in first before we can think of doing that on a regular basis.

After today CB's who can defend set pieces & someone up front who can hold the ball up are a must

I think we have someone that can hold the ball up in Waghorn but he ended up playing wide right, probably due to injury, yesterday. We were more effective earlier in season when Waghorn played through the middle with Miller on the right of the front 3.

CB's are a must. This sounds strange given the criticism I have given him this season but I would actually retain Wilson but only if we can get a commanding CB who can talk him through games.

That's an extremely impressive appointment for them and one I'm pretty surprised by. The Celtic side we played in the semi was the worst I've ever seen by a mile and that's no use for us because Scottish football needs a thriving old firm. With him in charge I imagine it will be a very different Celtic team next season and that will encourage us to make significant improvements too. The old firm being coached by managers of a good pedigree who both play football as it should be could make for an interesting future.