Hibernian yet to respond to Rangers following pitch violence

[ATTACH=CONFIG]623[/ATTACH]

Taken from FF

That eye witness account will be swept under the carpet no doubt. Or the lad will be accused of being a Hun, not a Tim.

Edited by craig

There is too much evidence out there illustrating that this was not just outrageous behaviour but highly dangerous behaviour and that Hibs fans were the cause. It will sink in over the next day or two that they have to do something about this or be exposed to the world at large as the mindless bigots they accuse others of being. The shit storm coming their way if there isn't an appropriate response might even be worth losing the cup for.

Edited by JFK-1

Funny enough.... On Saturday morning before the game I was talking to my 11 yr old son... he wants to come back to Scotland for his higher education (and to take his football seriously...) and it would be likely he lives in Edinburgh with my Hibs supporting in-laws.

I told him "And if you aren't playing games on a Saturday then I might buy you a ST for Hibs to go watch them play" (in-laws would never travel through to Glasgow for Gers games).

Once all this broke I turned and said to the wife (herself a Hibbee) "My son will NEVER give a penny to your shitty little club ever again, and neither will I.

And here is something which appears to be conveniently forgotten in all of this.... My 11 yr old watched this unfold and said to me when he had the chance to digest "Dad, you know, for a while having watched that and seeing what happened to the Rangers players, made me not want to be a professional football player. But then I thought "why should I let them win". So there you have it, an 11 yr old who gets up at 6.30am to work on his game because he loves it says it turned him off chasing his dream. Thankfully he saw the bigger picture - but there would have been many thousands of kids both at the game and watching at home who would have a) been appalled by it all and b) have their love of the game tarnished.

Shocking that it continues to be played down.

That eye witness account will be swept under the carpet no doubt. Or the lad will be accused of being a Hun, not a Tim.

The more of it that accumulates the better, though. It might become an un-ignorable mountain in time. We should collate every example.

The more of it that accumulates the better, though. It might become an un-ignorable mountain in time. We should collate every example.

I wish I was as confident as you Steve. It has already been spun on its head to lay blame on us.

Lets not forget here - that even the over-exuberance of entering the field of play is not allowable at football games. That itself has already been downplayed as being acceptable given the 114 yr wait - Dundee Utd, ICT and St Johnstone all won the SC for 1st time in their histories and remained in the stands as you are supposed to do.

There is too much evidence out there illustrating that this was not just outrageous behaviour but highly dangerous behaviour and that Hibs fans were the cause. It will sink in over the next day or two that they have to do something about this or be exposed to the world at large as the mindless bigots they accuse others of being. The shit storm coming their way if there isn't an appropriate response might even be worth losing the cup for.

You underestimate this mob they don't give a shit about the rest of the world. They are cocooned in their own web and think they are untouchable. They will ride out the storm by bobbing and weaving and at the end of the day little will have changed except there will be a few A4 papers typed out and put in a plastic cover ending up in a filing cabinet. A few wrists will be slapped and life will go on.

Edited by pete

I agree. Their initial reaction was simply to virtually ignore it but that's fast becoming untenable and continuing to follow the initial line of no big deal is going to blow up in their faces big time. There have been no uploads to the club YouTube channel in 2 days and that's unusual. I expect something interestinh when they do break that silence and i'm hoping for interviews with players and staff wh were assaulted though that may be impractical for legal reasons.

I wish I was as confident as you Steve. It has already been spun on its head to lay blame on us.

Lets not forget here - that even the over-exuberance of entering the field of play is not allowable at football games. That itself has already been downplayed as being acceptable given the 114 yr wait - Dundee Utd, ICT and St Johnstone all won the SC for 1st time in their histories and remained in the stands as you are supposed to do.

Oh I'm not confident at all, I just think that maybe too many saw what really happened for our enemies to spin it all the way. There have been some detailed reports of the assaults on our players. To a large degree, though, he who controls the video controls the story....

Edited by SteveC