Bill Leckie: Cops were damn lucky Hampden pitch invasion wasn’t a bloodbath

Police say their response to Scottish Cup final fan trouble was 'proportionate and professional'

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14511499.Police_say_their_response_to_Scottish_Cup_final_fan_trouble_was__proportionate_and_professional_/

It was also too late.

Forethought, intelligence gathering and (contingent) planning etc.,should have made '10 minute crisis meeting' unnecessary.

On various levels Police Scotland doesn't seem to be doing a reasonable job and too much of their money is allocated towards spindoctors instead of getting their act together.

The legislators have failed with their cack-handed and discrimitory laws that the police and judiciary struggle to use.

Police Scotland have taken a lead from South Yorkshire Police when dealing with a crisis, lie, lie, deny, deflect then lie again. Don't they ever learn?

You wonder why they bother turning up?,why they receive so much money to police matches!

Releasing the boy who attacked Wallace without charge after only one night in the cells so he could go through to Edinburgh for a party sums it up. At the same time they were releasing him they were also putting his photo out asking for his name!! Complete shambles

It is all very well to criticise the police, and, frankly, they do not deserve the most fulsome praise for their handling of the post match "events".

The blame, however, must lie with the coked-up cretins who invaded the pitch, and sought, and created, mayhem. The dregs of East Lothian, masquerading as sports' fans,

were let out for the day, and behaved like the guttersnipe they are. I am a little surprised that I, and everyone else, was actually surprised at this.

The dregs of East Lothian, masquerading as sports' fans, were let out for the day, and behaved like the guttersnipe they are.

That's no way to describe folk like Ian1964 and I... :whistle:

That's no way to describe folk like Ian1964 and I... :whistle:

Frankie,

In all honesty, I doubt that you and the estimable Ian1964 were "masquerading as sports' fans".

(Great work on twitter; keep it up.)

Frankie,

In all honesty, I doubt that you and the estimable Ian1964 were "masquerading as sports' fans".

(Great work on twitter; keep it up.)

I had to google that word!:)