Scottish Cup Final: Man in court over Rangers keeper charge

13 minutes ago

From the section Glasgow & West Scotland

Image caption Hibs fans invaded the pitch after their team's triumph over Rangers

A man has admitted running towards Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham and gesticulating in an offensive manner after the Scottish Cup Final.

Greg Binnie, 19, admitted a charge under the Offensive Behaviour Act following disorder after Saturday's game at Hampden, which Hibs won 3-2.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, sentence on Binnie, from Ratho, near Edinburgh, was deferred and he was granted bail.

The Crown has requested a football banning order also be considered.

The court heard that after the final whistle Binnie had climbed over fencing onto the field of play.

The charge also states he engaged in behaviour likely to incite public disorder.

His solicitor told the court the incident had led to threats being made to Binnie and his family.

He said Binnie, who has no previous convictions, was deeply ashamed.

Meanwhile another teenager appeared on petition at the same court accused of assaulting Rangers players Lee Wallace and Jason Holt.

Dale Pryde, from Edinburgh, is accused of running towards and attempting to punch Wallace on the head at Hampden Park, and attempting to punch Holt.

Mr Pryde is also accused of breaching the peace by running on to the pitch towards Rangers supporters and brandishing a chair.

He made no plea or declaration and was released on bail.

He is expected to appear again at a later date.

He said Binnie, who has no previous convictions, was deeply ashamed.

Yet strangely the vast majority are not deeply ashamed. On the contrary they're proud of themselves the vast majority being those who weren't among the few to be captured.

And as for the authorities appealing for help in identifying the worst offenders in here I have seen an acceptance that anyone who went over the line so to speak such as the guy kicking the boy in the head should indeed be identified and punished but believe me that's not their opinion of it at all. This is their opinion regarding the request to identify offenders.

They can bolt,im no getting any hibbys into trouble even if they do deserve to get nicked,

"they can bolt"... Am I being a prude and unjustly mentally stereotyping the type of person that typed this ? :ninja:

If so i'm in the same category as you because I mentally did exactly the same thing.