3pm Kick Off Next Season

Pete, I buy a season ticket. Why should I as a fan of the only show in town be subjected to games being played at all times of day and night at any given day ?

Rangers would survive without the pittance received at present from the media. Others wouldn't - that's their problem.

You are correct but the only way we can broker a better deal is to up the product. Unfortunately scenes of 3 empty stands does not help the product. Maybe the positioning of the camera's would help. You understand If we are going to do anything in Europe we need to get that TV money upped. I want to see Rangers up against Europe's best and not just Ross County etc. I am obviously not a season ticket holder living in Germany so I get most of my games via satellite TV so I am obviously a little biased the other way. I do feel sorry for the attending supporters getting F'd about though.

Until we can acquire a seat at the top table of Scottish football I'm afraid you're stuck with the deals that Liewell made with the TV companies.

What do you expect our board to do with that complaint at present? Those in power in Scottish football have treated our club as an irrelevancy for four years and they don't intend to change that any time soon.

We are the only show in town and they intend to feed off it for as long as they can.

I know that our board can't change any deals made with tv. A call for our support to "do the right thing" and consider whether funding the rest of the league via uptake of away match tickets may just cause some to sit up and take notice. Clubs need money through the gate at every match rather than a promise of tv rights money at the end of the season to survive.

I prefer to take the long game barca.

You are correct but the only way we can broker a better deal is to up the product. Unfortunately scenes of 3 empty stands does not help the product. Maybe the positioning of the camera's would help. You understand If we are going to do anything in Europe we need to get that TV money upped. I want to see Rangers up against Europe's best and not just Ross County etc. I am obviously not a season ticket holder living in Germany so I get most of my games via satellite TV so I am obviously a little biased the other way. I do feel sorry for the attending supporters getting F'd about though.

Pete - they couldn't GIVE the top flight matches away last season. Figures prove that we were the only team anyone wanted to watch on tv.BBC Alba has never had nor ever will see again the number of viewers they got when we were on tv. I don't agree with cameras distorting what is going on [they do it in Portugal via different coloured seats] inmuch the same way as canned crowds which were proposed a few years ago.

My main point is - Rangers could survive without the pittance received through tv rights. We've done it for the past four years. The rest of Scottish football couldn't do without our fans going through their turnstiles.

Edited by boabie

Pete - they couldn't GIVE the top flight matches away last season. Figures prove that we were the only team anyone wanted to watch on tv.BBC Alba has never had nor ever will see again the number of viewers they got when we were on tv. I don't agree with cameras distorting what is going on [they do it in Portugal via different coloured seats] inmuch the same way as canned crowds which were proposed a few years ago.

My main point is - Rangers could survive without the pittance received through tv rights. We've done it for the past four years. The rest of Scottish football couldn't do without our fans going through their turnstiles.

Not totally true as Celtic were not that very far behind us. I agree the deal is no good but Scottish football has shot itself in the foot twice. Firstly when we mucked Sky about trying to set up an own channel and when they threw Rangers out the league. If we don't want to become a backwater land we need TV money. Better TV money.

Watching most of it on-screen either at home or in the pub, the actual day of the weekend does not bother me as such. Yet, while away games are probably not that much of a concern, I would hope that Rangers tell the SPFL to minimize the amount of oddly-scheduled home games, given the amount of Bears coming in from accross the Irish Sea, remote Scottish locations, or from England. Friday night or even Mondays would most likely keep them from watching their beloved club and utilize their STs. You would assume that Rangers have an obligation here, as STs are sponsoring the side. While I don't have the "hard facts", I do reckon that we will probably loose 5 to 15k of Ibrox crowd numbers for Friday or Monday eve games. And I don't see a problem here when it comes to levelling fixtures out throughout the league, as the numbers missing for Monday night games in Perth or Kilmarnock will hardly be significant to the home teams.

As I am on CCC mandate I expect to be charged for the home games and possibly balloted for away games but stick to my point that travelling to away games will prove difficult for many.

Also I would like to see a cheap price structuring for this cup when it starts, as there are so many games in a short period, for those having to pay full price.Luckily for me I am on concession so cost less prohibitive.