Dave King Response #13

RANGERS Chairman Dave King recently invited supporters to send in questions and below you can read the 13th part in the series as he addresses the topics raised by fans:

A Number Of Points

I would like to deal with a number of hitherto unanswered questions in a single response. The only item outstanding thereafter will be the significant one dealing with the Club’s retail operations and, in particular, replica kits. I have deliberately left this topic to the end as I want to be in a position to give the very latest update on what has been a rapidly changing landscape. I will do this by the weekend at the latest.

Questions have been asked about the Club’s catering contracts and the level of service that is being provided. The Club has a long-term agreement in place with our contractor and is duty bound to honour it. However, that does not mean that we are not in a position to ensure the appropriate service level agreements are not fully complied with. We have carefully recorded the comments that have been made and will ensure that they are addressed going forward.

We desperately want all of our supporters to have the best match day experience we can possibly offer. The family section, like other areas within the Stadium, has been neglected for years and we will be looking at making improvements to this. There has been a budget set aside to make this better, hopefully including signing sessions with players and changes to the music offerings are being considered.

Concerns were also expressed about the level of service from our ticket office. The complaints were not about the staff, who do everything they can to help, but that there were insufficient staff members to deal with the workload. Additional members of staff have recently been recruited to try to cope with the increasing workload and this should lead to a better level of service being provided to our fans. Staffing levels will be continually monitored as the Season progresses and will be supplemented further should business needs require this.

We have also looked at the “print from home” option but our turnstiles do not support the software required for this solution. What we have as an alternative to paper tickets is the Readycard. This card is automatically updated each time a supporter purchases a match ticket then scanned at the turnstiles to gain entry in exactly the same way as the Season Ticket holder smartcard.

Rangers ticket sales lines are unavoidably busy at certain times, so it is not surprising that we attract comment, both good and bad. Normally, the team in our contact centre ensure our supporter service/sales agents are handling calls effectively. In addition to our contact centre we are able to provide online sales and help to our supporters. We are always looking at ways to improve the supporter experience.

A number of you have also expressed views on the unwillingness to support other (sometimes specific) SPFL teams by not attending away games. I do not feel qualified to speak on behalf of individuals as to how each feels about the treatment that Rangers experienced over the last few years. But, what I can state is that the Club wants to put the past behind us and I believe that other SPFL clubs feel likewise. Sometimes a strong Rangers away support can influence a match in our favour and I hope that those Rangers supporters that can afford to travel to away games will do so and support the team. As we know from years gone by every point (and even every goal) can make a difference at the end of a long hard season.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-response-13/

Trying to insert an efficient method of electronic ticket buying is a good idea. We could probably maximise match day ticket sales potential if for example people who hadn't thought about going to the match suddenly decided on the day that they would like to and could easily go online and check if there were still any tickets available and where they are then purchase that seat electronically.

It would need to update that data in real time but if it can be done and a means to give the purchaser entry were devised as I said we could be looking at maximal match day crowds.

Edited by JFK-1

Trying to insert an efficient method of electronic ticket buying is a good idea. We could probably maximise match day ticket sales potential if for example people who hadn't thought about going to the match suddenly decided on the day that they would like to and could easily go online and check if there were still any tickets available and where they are then purchase that seat electronically.

It would need to update that data in real time but if it can be done and a means to give the purchaser entry were devised as I said we could be looking at maximal match day crowds.

there should be a pay at the gate facility.

Don't think there is much chance of that happening for a couple of reasons. With ST's sold plus online sales it could be more fans turning up than seats available. Also with all seater stadium, the logistics of getting seats would be a real hassle to organise, keeping tabs on what seats were empty, handing out tickets at gate etc.

That's another avenue but many people wont turn up at all unless they know for a fact they have a ticket. An electronic method removing every seat from a map as it's sold would I believe be more likely to maximise ticket sales.

If people can go online even as little as an hour before a match and see still available seats then purchase seats of their choice from those available I think we may come as close as we feasibly can to selling as many seats as possible.

Edited by JFK-1

That's another avenue but many people wont turn up at all unless they know for a fact they have a ticket. An electronic method removing every seat from a map as it's sold would I believe be more likely to maximise ticket sales.

If people can go online even as little as an hour before a match and see still available seats then purchase seats of their choice from those available I think we may come as close as we feasibly can to selling as many seats as possible.

Aye!,you get your boarding pass for flights sent to your phone,no reason it can't be the same for match tickets?

Aye!,you get your boarding pass for flights sent to your phone,no reason it can't be the same for match tickets?

Yes the technology definitely already exists, we just don't have it yet. It's a simple progarmming command to tick seats off a map as they're sold online. It could even be linked to the turnstiles with printers printing off still available tickets.

If you have an electronic system it may also be possible for supporters with season tickets who can't attend to put their seat open to be sold as an on the day ticket. I am not sure if that is possible but I would rather see the club getting money for my seat as it lying empty.