Is it my imagination or did we tend to have less injuries than "normal" last season???

Certainly there were VERY few any longer than a couple of weeks.

My thinking for this:

- No B/S covering for players who have had fallouts with the gaffer or just being plain lazy

- Less prima donnas who require 6 weeks out for a broken nail

- greatly improved medical/backroom staff

- Improved training methods

I think the Medical/backroom staff & training methods will be the key factors, but also having a squad of players who are desperate to play each week.

Whatever the change, it's most welcome.

commented on this on another post, we barely had any injuries last season, I fully believe it is down to the backroom staff conditioning the players correctly and being very close to them at all times, keeping tabs on eating and drinking habits etc.... I imagine this is what Physios and Nutritionist's strive for in their work...

Players wanting to play, rather than just happy to collect a paycheck.

And prepared both to work and to look after their diet, lifestyle, etc, to that end.

All, of course, under the all seeing eye of The Magic Hat. Refreshing.

Fitness levels may indeed be a factor. I noticed in a number of games last season that as it got into the final quarter or so of a match our guys still looked sprightly while some opposition looked to be somewhat running out of steam and that included the SC semi.

It made me winder if our constant movement style tended to drag the opposition around a lot more than they were used to forcing a lot more yardage out of them than they were used to in a typical match so they begin to run out of steam while our guys are used to the constant movement and conditioned for it.

It obviously requires a far greater fitness level than a simple hoof up the park from the back strategy.

It made me winder if our constant movement style tended to drag the opposition around a lot more than they were used to forcing a lot more yardage out of them than they were used to in a typical match so they begin to run out of steam while our guys are used to the constant movement and conditioned for it.

It obviously requires a far greater fitness level than a simple hoof up the park from the back strategy.

That can, in itself be a cause of injury. As the opposition tires, they become more reckless/aggressive with their tackling.

I reckon Forrester's injury cost us the cup final and contributed towards the abysmal end of the season. Waggy being out also made us less effective. Let's face it though, even in a bigger squad your replacement guys aren't going to be as good as your first team regulars. Do we think the plastic pitch was responsible for Waggy being crocked ?