Tav, Foderingham and Kiernan all set to sign new deals

But....terms rejected out of hand.....contract rebel......English clubs alerted.....Warburton's plans disrupted....

Was all of this merely malign spin from that barrel of fannies the contents of which style themselves "football writers"?

Edited by Uilleam

Aye, true.But,but even when he plays well he still cant defend.

Just as well we score a lot more goals than we concede then.

He's a great player to watch (defensive heart attacks notwithstanding) and I'd rather play with him than without as it stands.

Just as well we score a lot more goals than we concede then.

He's a great player to watch (defensive heart attacks notwithstanding) and I'd rather play with him than without as it stands.

I,agree he is good to watch,very capable going forward and a good striker of a dead ball.

He is avery poor defender though imo.He was targeted on Saturdayand will be for all games this season.

He either ups the defensive anti or he wont play eventually.

James Tavernier agrees Rangers contract extension

By Mike Patterson

Last Updated: 19/07/16 1:19pm

James Tavernier has agreed a contract extension with Rangers, according to Sky sources.

Tavernier, 24, scored 15 goals from right-back last season as Rangers won the Scottish Championship and boss Mark Warburton is keen to keep him at the club.

Recent reports suggested Tavernier, who joined Rangers from Wigan last summer, had turned down an extension to his current deal, which runs until 2018, but he has now confirmed his commitment to the Ibrox club by agreeing to extend his stay.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10505965/james-tavernier-agrees-rangers-contract-extension

But....terms rejected out of hand.....contract rebel......English clubs alerted.....Warburton's plans disrupted....

Was all of this merely malign spin from that barrel of fannies the contents of which style themselves "football writers"?

If agents hadn´t had a hand in those stories I´d be very surprised.

I,agree he is good to watch,very capable going forward and a good striker of a dead ball.

He is avery poor defender though imo.He was targeted on Saturdayand will be for all games this season.

He either ups the defensive anti or he wont play eventually.

He struggled a wee bit in the first half but after half-time he was fine and the lad Johnson wasn't really in the game at all in the second half.

I think we, like the manager, will have to take the good with the bad in that sense but it will be interesting to see Tav can improve that side of his game. He's still only 24 so he should get better with more experience.

Joey Barton should also offer better cover for the full-backs during games.