RST Calls for Meeting with Strathclyde Police

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=1

The RST was inundated with complaints about the treatment Rangers supporters received at the hands of the Police at Parkhead yesterday. Complaints include the Police bizarrely removing Union Flags - the flag of this country - whilst making no attempts to remove flags of a foreign nation being flown by the home support. It was also noted that the Police attitude was unhelpful, negative and unfriendly, despite Rangers supporters having one of the lowest arrest rates of any club in Scotland. It is difficult to escape the conclusion that this attitude was down to the attendance of certain dignitaries at yesterday's match. However, it is surprising that these same rules were not applied to supporters in the home end.

After the scandal at Parkhead in November 2005 - where the Rangers support was 90 times more likely to be arrested than those in the home end - it is becoming increasingly clear that the Rangers support is being policed in a different fashion to other supports in Scotland. The RST raised its concerns with the Police at that time; however it is apparent that these concerns were not addressed.

We will be seeking a meeting with Strathclyde Police and looking for assurances that this politically motivated campaign against Rangers supporters cease immediately, and that we are no longer subject to a two-tier system of Policing. The treatment of Rangers fans - ordinary, working men and women whose only crime is a love of their team - is a disgrace. The RST feel that if assurances are not given, serious thought must be given to an organised campaign of civil disobedience at matches. Whilst this would not be anyone's preferred option, the time has come for the Rangers support to stand up and be treated fairly.

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=1

The RST was inundated with complaints about the treatment Rangers supporters received at the hands of the Police at Parkhead yesterday. Complaints include the Police bizarrely removing Union Flags - the flag of this country - whilst making no attempts to remove flags of a foreign nation being flown by the home support. It was also noted that the Police attitude was unhelpful, negative and unfriendly, despite Rangers supporters having one of the lowest arrest rates of any club in Scotland. It is difficult to escape the conclusion that this attitude was down to the attendance of certain dignitaries at yesterday's match. However, it is surprising that these same rules were not applied to supporters in the home end.

After the scandal at Parkhead in November 2005 - where the Rangers support was 90 times more likely to be arrested than those in the home end - it is becoming increasingly clear that the Rangers support is being policed in a different fashion to other supports in Scotland. The RST raised its concerns with the Police at that time; however it is apparent that these concerns were not addressed.

We will be seeking a meeting with Strathclyde Police and looking for assurances that this politically motivated campaign against Rangers supporters cease immediately, and that we are no longer subject to a two-tier system of Policing. The treatment of Rangers fans - ordinary, working men and women whose only crime is a love of their team - is a disgrace. The RST feel that if assurances are not given, serious thought must be given to an organised campaign of civil disobedience at matches. Whilst this would not be anyone's preferred option, the time has come for the Rangers support to stand up and be treated fairly.

Spot on!!

time to take a stand .........

add another complaint to the list m8 i got pushed about like a protester!!!!

Del

mass creative rioting is what this country needs. bloody good on the RST.

:thup: - Anarchy is the way forward..

Cammy F - White Riot Loyal RSC

PS - well done the lads and lasses of the RST. Am I wishing too much for the club to support the RST in their quest for evenhandedness and answers?

As an outsider looking in i really can't believe how things are turning in Scotland.

It would seem to me flying an Irish flag is okay because it is considered a part of your clubs history but flying a Union Flag is backing a Nazi, sectarian political group. May i remind the powers to be the people who were backing the real Nazi's during the war were in fact the people standing under the Irish flag.

I have absolute no problem with real ordinary Irish people of whom most are ordinary people just getting on with their lives like the rest of us. It is the the plastic people who don't even know where Ireland is that just use it for political means that i have a problem with. Sitting watching Scotsport yesterday with Gerry McNee and Grahem Speirs with Grant Stott and Andy Walker leading i ask how can we expect to get a impartial meaning as these are the people who are continually attacking our club and supporters. I know i have the option not to watch but it is my only link to catch the football i love and i should have a right to get an impartial meaning.

Well done to the RST for backing our supporters, i hope the club start doing the same.