[FT] Rangers 3 (Waghorn 5 pen, 16; Kranjcar 53) - 0 Stranraer

[video=youtube;_dB-EB4V_wU]

While we all debate a "first 11" the manager keeps insisting there is no first 11. Perhaps this season it might be the case where the first 11 or let's call it the starting 11 will be a fluid concept being constantly modified to suit different opposition.

He's a softly spoken fella but he speaks a lot of sense and is well worth listening to.

Cautious excitement about his contribution so far. What he lacks in pace, he makes up with quick football - i.e. he doesn't take the extra touches someone like Law or Shiels would so we're able to move the ball quicker in tight spaces and up against parked buses. I've also been impressed with his work rate so far and he's not afraid to get stuck in.

He's a softly spoken fella but he speaks a lot of sense and is well worth listening to.

Cautious excitement about his contribution so far. What he lacks in pace, he makes up with quick football - i.e. he doesn't take the extra touches someone like Law or Shiels would so we're able to move the ball quicker in tight spaces and up against parked buses. I've also been impressed with his work rate so far and he's not afraid to get stuck in.

Unfortunately I think he's going to become a target for the hammer throwers and he doesn't need pace with the type of talent he has. He appears to simply more or less stroll around putting himself in a position to receive the ball at the right time then if he decides to hold it up while others make moves at pace is excellent at shielding it while scanning the pitch terminator style looking for the right team mate getting into the right position to receive a precision pass.

Classic footballing brain.

Unfortunately I think he's going to become a target for the hammer throwers and he doesn't need pace with the type of talent he has. He appears to simply more or less stroll around putting himself in a position to receive the ball at the right time then if he decides to hold it up while others make moves at pace is excellent at shielding it while scanning the pitch terminator style looking for the right team mate getting into the right position to receive a precision pass.

Classic footballing brain.

When we have a combination of Halliday, Barton and Rossiter to do the defensive work, then that will free up the creative players. Our signings so far look very good.

When we have a combination of Halliday, Barton and Rossiter to do the defensive work, then that will free up the creative players. Our signings so far look very good.

Little Rossiter inside just 30 minutes looked like a genuine Gattuso style ball winner. Totally fearless. Hope he doesn't get hurt.