[FT] Rangers 3 (Waghorn 5 pen, 16; Kranjcar 53) - 0 Stranraer

Barton's performance was reasonable considering his lack of game-time.

Nothing glamorous or breath-taking: just simple possession football and good defensive positioning when required.

Like I said, maybe it's just me, but I noticed him more when he gave the ball away a few times and looked a bit out of position a couple of others. After a while, I stopped noticing him much and I think that's when he was doing the job you describe...

He did have one bad attempted at a headed back-pass but other than that he was absolutely fine.

His positioning was very good and I lost count of the number of times he intercepted possession as Stranraer tried to break out.

As I said in my post Krancjar and Barton strolled the game from where I sat things may have looked different on the gogglebox,looking forward to meeting real competition to see how good this team can be.

One thing I've noticed in the last couple of games is that the team are doing something I've long been asking for - mixing up the great football on the deck with the occasional long/high ball, crosses into the box, and the short corners with the odd, old fashioned swinger into the centre. I think it stops us being predictable and getting repeatedly stuck in front of a packed defence. The good thing is that some of the passing accuracy and quality of these have been high, with a good completion rate.

I think it's much easier to defend against one style, and harder when it keeps changing. We've had some effective attacks and a couple of goals from this and for me, it's better to watch as it helps keep the tempo up and increases the number of attacks on goal. The Stranraer players, looked shattered at the end.

One thing I've noticed in the last couple of games is that the team are doing something I've long been asking for - mixing up the great football on the deck with the occasional long/high ball, crosses into the box, and the short corners with the odd, old fashioned swinger into the centre. I think it stops us being predictable and getting repeatedly stuck in front of a packed defence. The good thing is that some of the passing accuracy and quality of these have been high, with a good completion rate.

I think it's much easier to defend against one style, and harder when it keeps changing. We've had some effective attacks and a couple of goals from this and for me, it's better to watch as it helps keep the tempo up and increases the number of attacks on goal. The Stranraer players, looked shattered at the end.

I've noticed a slight increase in the number of shots from around the box instead of our normal game of attempting to walk the ball into the net.

It's just a pity it seems to be Harry Forrester trying most of them though as he's been piss poor at hitting the target.

I've noticed a slight increase in the number of shots from around the box instead of our normal game of attempting to walk the ball into the net.

It's just a pity it seems to be Harry Forrester trying most of them though as he's been piss poor at hitting the target.

Yep, that's another bit of mixing it up I like, it even gives extra options like dummy shots that can get you past the defence. I agree some of the accuracy needs improving as you can't score without being on target, and if you are, then there is the chance of the second ball. I think I prefer a shot to be too close to the keeper than off target, but our biggest problem seems to be keeping it down.

He did have one bad attempted at a headed back-pass but other than that he was absolutely fine.

His positioning was very good and I lost count of the number of times he intercepted possession as Stranraer tried to break out.

There were a couple of misplaced passes but I can't remember the actual incidents. He's looked rusty to me....he didn't have the pre season the rest had.......mind you Rossiter hasn't either but he's been playing for England of course. Kranjcar (sp) ...has he actually been getting games in the American league because he's obviously not 100% match fit