Times Talker: Who will be the winners and losers in Scottish football this season?

If we outplayed them again and won the match in the first meeting which will be on their patch then already the faith will begin to crumble.

I personally think that the huge pressure on them to win last time, was a factor in us dominating them on the park - they were too nervous and desperate to match our fast paced rhythm in the game, and drew because they had the quality of player to exploit our weakness at the back with fast counterattacking and their aerial ability which we couldn't match.

I think they haven't learned and have set themselves up for another fall for the same reason - they are so expected to win, such a very difficult game, easily, that they have a chance of trying too hard and then losing confidence, rather than assessing the opposition in a calculated way.

Even if they beat us and still lost the league to us then again the crowd will turn on him. And as I said if he does do well chances are he will be back down South before next season starts.

Their fans and the press will be a liability for them here, and unless things go well from the start, I think they might struggle to settle as a side, and motivational issues will arise.

Then they need to start all over again with someone else who will want his own team in place. As I said, he was a poor choice in respect of any long terms planning. Makes me think he was a desperation stop gap gamble after what happened to them in the SC semi and the knowledge that we would strengthen close season.

Their transfer policy does seem strange and from the outside it looks like they've spent their money on his wages, and with an over-sized, over-paid, over-rated squad, they don't seem to have much to spare. Maybe he just came for the money, rather than for footballing reasons...

Though we all want it our manager wont be under pressure simply because he didn't win the league this year while theirs will be. Which can only work in our favour especially so if he loses that first meeting.

I think our mangers has the realistic goal of finishing at least second and putting in a reasonable challenge for the title, even if it's unsuccessful. Their manager MUST win the title, plus his secondary targets will have strong emphasis to do something in Europe, and probably win a cup.

Then there is the fact our manager has had a year to build a squad of his own choice, and instil his footballing philosophy, which seems to be improving. The latter also keeps our fans that bit happier.

They might have the financial advantage, and a big name manager, but there are so many parts of the jigsaw missing for them. I think if the tables were turned, I wouldn't be too happy or confident.

Controversially, but I can see a justification in this. I don't agree and think it will be an OF 1/2 as usual. However, this is first time for the "new look rangers" in the SPL and we're going to have to find our feet. A lot of new signings that will take some time to fully gel. It's fair to assume we might not be on our game straight out of the blocks (although the cup games so far don't really support the view) and our defensive frailties from last season haven't really been addressed. I do think we'll make top 2 and threaten for the championship, but I can see an argument that we may well find ourselves outside the top 2 this season.

I personally think that the huge pressure on them to win last time, was a factor in us dominating them on the park - they were too nervous and desperate to match our fast paced rhythm in the game, and drew because they had the quality of player to exploit our weakness at the back with fast counterattacking and their aerial ability which we couldn't match.

I think they haven't learned and have set themselves up for another fall for the same reason - they are so expected to win, such a very difficult game, easily, that they have a chance of trying too hard and then losing confidence, rather than assessing the opposition in a calculated way.

Their fans and the press will be a liability for them here, and unless things go well from the start, I think they might struggle to settle as a side, and motivational issues will arise.

Their transfer policy does seem strange and from the outside it looks like they've spent their money on his wages, and with an over-sized, over-paid, over-rated squad, they don't seem to have much to spare. Maybe he just came for the money, rather than for footballing reasons...

I think our mangers has the realistic goal of finishing at least second and putting in a reasonable challenge for the title, even if it's unsuccessful. Their manager MUST win the title, plus his secondary targets will have strong emphasis to do something in Europe, and probably win a cup.

Then there is the fact our manager has had a year to build a squad of his own choice, and instil his footballing philosophy, which seems to be improving. The latter also keeps our fans that bit happier.

They might have the financial advantage, and a big name manager, but there are so many parts of the jigsaw missing for them. I think if the tables were turned, I wouldn't be too happy or confident.

If you take a look at any of their sites where they actually talk about their own team instead of us Cal you'll find that the history of the cup semi final has already been re-written by them. The fact that we totally dominated possession has been whitewashed in favour of chances created, shots at goal, number of throw ins and other such nonsense.

I'll agree though, they are there for the taking if we can get another couple of decent signings in.

Hartson has to keep his hoopy readership happy.

He tipped us to lose 0 - 4 in the SC semi final,remember.

Given his well documented problems with punting - he lost, literally, a fortune to the bookies- his worth as a tipster

lies between fuck all, and the square root thereof.