Rangers v Hamilton - Player ratings

Foderingham - 7 - could do nothing with the goal and a couple of fine saves on a day where he had little to do

Tavernier - 8 - pleasantly surprised at the strength of his defending and still potent going forward

Kiernan - 5 - poor first touch at times put us in danger. Positionally weak at times too

Hill - 5 - went about his business but not commanding enough

Wallace - 7 - partnership with McKay still there but not as effective, yet, as last season. Got forward well

Barton - 8 - worked hard, good distribution, made the engine room tick

Kranjcar - 4 - almost anonymous. Some fine touches but very ineffective

Halliday - 7 - worked hard and had his wary effort gone in could have been a different result. Worked defensively but also got forward in support too

Waghorn - 7 - saw a lot of the ball, scored the equalizer, hit the post and worked the Accies defense hard all game.

McKay - 7 - his first touch is absolutely sublime. Very direct as per usual but final product not quite where we need it to be. Will strike fear into the Hearts of full backs all season long

Miller - 3 - thought he was completely anonymous. Wouldn't have come out for the second half if I were managing the team

Subs :

Forrester - 7 - I know he only had 30 minutes but he did more in that time than most of his colleagues. Set up the equalizer and could have had a couple himself. Very noticeable that since his introduction Accies were pinned back more and the tempo was lifted. For me should now be a starter

O'Halloran - 6 - very pacy, very direct. Final ball lacking but certainly gives us something different on the wing. Got in behind well which had Accies turning on their heels.

Rossiter - 6 - young lad is very accomplished, assured and spots a pass well before the ball arrives at his feet. Will turn out to be an excellent addition for us.

Feel free to post your own ratings folks :thup:

Edited by craig

Think Halliday was worth more than a 6

Aye, I think I am being harsh on him - On reflection I think he was more involved than I gave him credit for. Going to edit his rating. Thanks colin.

Wes -5. only 2 shots at goal all day and you concede one its not good. Too slow to pick a pass.

Tav-7 defended better than usual, bombed forward all day, very little help.

Hill-5 was hoping his experience would help organise us, looks lost.

Kiernan-5 should have been moved on in summer.

Wallace-7 got forward all day, defended well.

Barton-7 was he supposed to be playing sweeper? I don't think he was brought here to take the ball off Wes inside his own box, he can't hurt anyone from there. Fought hard, has a good range of passing, tried to gee others up.

Nico-4 marked tightly and had no space to work in, the odd time he got free he was fouled. Welcome to Scotland. Looks miles off pace.

Halliday-6 worked hard, had a good attempt at goal but created nothing in free midfield role. We have better options.

McKay-6 had the full back beaten in first 15 mins, then the full back adjusted to being much tighter and more physical and Barrie found it hard to get past him.

Waghorn-7 biggest danger to Hamilton today and should have been played centrally. Good finish (dodgy keeper?) and always direct -we are going to miss him again.

Miller-2 abysmal. How he came out for second half is a mystery.

Forrester-6 looked good, should have been on earlier.

Ohalloran-5 done well but too predictable playing on right without any ability in his right foot, always having to cut back onto left or sclaff with right.

Rossiter-5 was busy scurrying around midfield mopping up.

Warburton-4 wrong selection with a midfield 3 that has no urgency or creativity in it, and the utterly useless Miller at CF which is just wrong on so many levels. His failure to sort out the centre halfs despite it being glaringly obvious for a year is worrying. His double sub was 15 mins too late, and at 1-1 with 15 to go he brings on a holding midfielder with Dodoo on the bench was stupidity of the highest order. These are all the same mistakes he made all last season and it seems he hasn't learned anything.

Wes made a couple of saves that got us a point

Waggy and Forrester need to practise shooting more

Kranjcar needs to improve his fitness

we had more penetration up the wing when O'Halleron came on.

He got some low balls into the box....think he's better than a 5

Halliday had good runs from mid field. Beat defenders creating space. Thought he was one of our better players today

Edited by colinstein

Foderingham 41/2 reluctant to come for cross balls like Bell.

Tavernier 7 much better defensively for a change.

Keirnan 6 not the greatest display

Hill 6 May have been carrying an injury.

Wallace 6 not one of his best.

Barton 7 A few loose passes.

Halliday 8 Much better in forward position.

Krancjar 5 Pretty anonymous.

Miller 4.Worse than Krancjar.

Waghorn 6 Worked hard.

McKay 7 some sublime runs and passes.

Forrester 8 Game changer.

O'Halleron 5 some good runs spoiled by final ball.

Rossiter 6 Slotted in and allowed Barton to play further forward.

Warbuton Too late to make changes,some should have been done at interval e,g. Millar.

Referee 3 lost control of game.