Penetrating parked buses - Substitution impact v Motherwell

Strange that no one has mentioned this in the press over the last few days.

We could/should have won 3-1 in the end.

At the time I was raging. However, video highlights show the pass to Miller wasn't as easy as I thought at the game. In saying that, MOH should have made up his mind to shoot earlier as the angle narrowed too much by the time he did.

At the time I was raging. However, video highlights show the pass to Miller wasn't as easy as I thought at the game. In saying that, MOH should have made up his mind to shoot earlier as the angle narrowed too much by the time he did.

He could/should have squared it. The pass certainly shouldn't have been beyond him.

Do we expect Garner to play on Friday? If he doesn't he will have gone 4 weeks without a match by the time the match after Friday comes round and we all know where that will be.

Also the manager said Waghorn would be fit for that match so does that mean Waghorn will play on Friday even as maybe a sub? And if not then how long will it have been since he last played if he is thrown in against them on 10th September.

I would say a top fit player will not need long to recover from a 2 or 3 week lay-off but if fit I would expect Waghorn to start from the bench unless there is a necessity to play him.

He could/should have squared it. The pass certainly shouldn't have been beyond him.

Like I say the video shows the pass wasn't as easy or as clear-cut as we think. I agree he should have made it though - perhaps around the time he entered the 18 yard box (and just as he looked up actually) but Miller was still around 20 yards out at that point and was being tracked all the way by the 'Well defender.

At the very worst, if he was deciding to shoot he had to be much more convincing and should have done so earlier. There's no doubt if MOH wants to play every week he has to do much, much better in such positions.

Maybe it was.

As much as i would love MOH to be a success i'm left feeling more and more disappointed with each match he features in.

Maybe it was.

As much as i would love MOH to be a success i'm left feeling more and more disappointed with each match he features in.

Despite being 25 he's still very, very raw.

His pace is a huge asset and he has enough skill as well to beat a man easily enough at times. However, his final ball is often woeful and his finishing below par. He should have had two goals on Saturday and left Ibrox the hero (and the first name on the team-sheet against Killie). Instead fans retain their doubts and he'll probably find himself on the bench again come Friday.

Absolutely agree and I think we were somewhat taken by surprise at how defensive Motherwell were which showed us up in the first half.

The positive aspect comes that the manager recognised this and made changes. Perhaps later than some would have liked but, if he'd made them earlier, they may not have been as effective. Swings and roundabouts!

I don't think I was the only one who groaned & sighed when the team was announced @ 2 pm Saturday.

The 2nd half against Dundee was just as bad as the 1st half against Motherwell.

Not too many would disagree that Forrester is better through the middle but was ineffective on the right.

What does MOH (or Dodoo!) have to do to get a start!?

By 18:45 on Friday I will have bitten my nails up to the elbows :D

P.S. We are missing Holt's penetrating runs ..............................

No doubt Garner will feature on Friday night - just a question of whether it will be from the bench or as a starter.

My guess is he'll be on the bench but surely Kranjcar HAS to start, we are nowhere near good enough to keep that degree of quality on the bench, match fit or not; and he certainly won't get match fit coming on for 30 minutes.

Edited by BrahimHemdani