Warbs’ Injury Concern

The undefeated bit doesn't bother me. The two draws have felt like defeats. I don't mind not winning every game as long as our standards are high. Our standards so far this season have not been anywhere near high enough, and that bothers me big time.

I'm also not buying the gelling in period as an excuse. See last seasons start with a lot more changes and from a much worse inherited position for why.

I do think the injuries/ fitness is a big part of it though. MW said many times that he couldn't get the pre-season he wanted because of the horrible new league cup setup. Add to that the players who weren't ready for action when league business started, or who were not match fit. There is no magic wand, or hat, that can make injured/unfit players play at the top of their game.

The frustration comes because we are back and we are desperate to shove 55 down the throats of all our haters who ganged up to try to kill us off, and we have started badly, coupled with how bad our city rivals are and we fear we are missing a big chance.

We can't win or lose the title in August or September, but momentum goes a long way in football and we have missed a great chance to put down a marker in our first four easy league games and get our rivals rattled.

As always it seems at Rangers, we will have to do it the hard way. We will see in 14 days time if we are anywhere near ready.

The undefeated bit doesn't bother me. The two draws have felt like defeats. I don't mind not winning every game as long as our standards are high. Our standards so far this season have not been anywhere near high enough, and that bothers me big time.

I'm also not buying the gelling in period as an excuse. See last seasons start with a lot more changes and from a much worse inherited position for why.

I do think the injuries/ fitness is a big part of it though. MW said many times that he couldn't get the pre-season he wanted because of the horrible new league cup setup. Add to that the players who weren't ready for action when league business started, or who were not match fit. There is no magic wand, or hat, that can make injured/unfit players play at the top of their game.

The frustration comes because we are back and we are desperate to shove 55 down the throats of all our haters who ganged up to try to kill us off, and we have started badly, coupled with how bad our city rivals are and we fear we are missing a big chance.

We can't win or lose the title in August or September, but momentum goes a long way in football and we have missed a great chance to put down a marker in our first four easy league games and get our rivals rattled.

As always it seems at Rangers, we will have to do it the hard way. We will see in 14 days time if we are anywhere near ready.

The teams we have beaten or drawn with are mostly in the top six so they are not doing too bad elsewhere. I remember a MU team I think with Ince and Strachen running away to a 10 game opening winning run and losing the title by a country mile. Everybody said they were invincible but they just caved in. After 4 games nothing is lost or won. I still believe we have can still at least run them close if not win the title.

Ok Kris Boyd :rolleyes: He was absolutely crap when he came back to us and failed to win promotion from the championship. Even at his best Walter Smith wouldn't pick him for Europe or against Celtic. He could score but only against poor defenders, of which they are plenty in Scotland including Rangers.

Maybe that did not solely was because of his inability, but a) the way we played against these teams and b) we had different options? Usually, it is more to this than just one factor.

And as regards to "poor", that word is used rather liberally these days, not least in this day and age. More often than not, it is used quite subjective and wrongly.

The teams we have beaten or drawn with are mostly in the top six so they are not doing too bad elsewhere. I remember a MU team I think with Ince and Strachen running away to a 10 game opening winning run and losing the title by a country mile. Everybody said they were invincible but they just caved in. After 4 games nothing is lost or won. I still believe we have can still at least run them close if not win the title.

I hope so too Pete, but MW will have to improve the defence and get his key players fit and in form for that to happen. Not impossible, but we cannot afford to give them too much of an early lead. As early as game 5 of 38, we cannot afford to lose our next league match if we wish to be called contenders.

It's looking more and more likely we won't get a CH which is shocking considering it's been a know issue since xmas! No CH will make top three difficult imo. We will keep losing soft goals through middle and at set plays. All gone quiet on the Senderos front too?