U-turn leaves Football League facing competition to tempt Old Firm clubs

I don't think we or the Vhermin will get an invite, but if we did get invited i would bite their hands off.

I believe something will happen in a few years? Maybe the top four English EPL teams will join a Euro Super League or something opening up room for us in the Championship or a new British League. But whatever happens we should be ready for the move. with open arms imo.

Would you be happy being stuck out of a premier league for up to 10 years as it could take that long to work our way up? The first 2 or 3 seasons may be easy but after that it would be a battle. It is not easy to win league 1 or the Championship.

I'd be perfectly happy with that.

Happier with that than 10 years in a declining SPFL Premiership.

I understand the frustrations of our journey in the last four years and also the indignities thrust upon both the club and the support by the despotic actions of the authorities. However, this talk of starting at the bottom of the English leagues may be a bit too much.

Have you had a look at some of the teams in the lower reaches of the English leagues? Where are such places as - Braintree Town, North Ferriby Utd, Boreham Wood, Solihull Moors, Sutton United & Forest Green Rovers? I never knew such teams existed nor where they are geographically located.

I think most people would agree that by the time we had been promoted back to the premiership this year, the adventure of visiting every last pokey wee ground in Scotland was wearing thin. Now this. I just don't see us having a travelling support after ten seasons of traipsing around these places, assuming we get promoted every year.

Surely, we are losing sight of the raison d'etre of being a Rangers supporter. Winning, enjoying the atmoshpere at the game, maintaining the culture for future generations. Anyone who is taking their child or grandchild to the games right now would have to consider that that child would be in university by the time we got back to big-time football. No RSC would go to all of these far-flung outposts on a regular basis.

Then there's European football- where the real riches are(?), how many supporters would tolerate not having CL games for ten to twelve years? And of course, if we progressed up the leagues at a different rate to our east end neighbours, what would we do without a few seasonal derbies?

Maybe what is really required in Scotland is to work hard towards effecting real change in the game by causing the present cabal running the game to be ejected and bring in new blood who can effectively inject real money and ideas into the game to give it a proper boost.

Changing the geographics of the game does not necessarily mean we shall cure the problem.

Sky should call out an All British League with invites from the various countries. Make that 3 British Leagues with the rest getting the chance to qualify through national competitions. ... and some consolation payments along the way. Inviting the Old Firm into a 5 tier "English" League, probably at the bottom, is just not on. (Then again, who knows what they'll earn down there ... as compared to Europe)

Ive often thought British league would be the better option but the issue is their is far too many clubs. Looking around Europe there is 2 or 3 division tops while Scotland has 4 divisions already plus England has the same with 20-22 teams in each.

SPFL should get its own house in order first by throwing the current set up away and make a 16 or 18 top tier.

A move down south would always be most appealing to both OF but they don't need us. No doubt about it we could sell out away allocation 10 fold. But I think the Atlantic League is far more likely - its globalisation. It wont be long before MLS sides are playing Europes elite also and with the money China are pumping into their game the club world cup championship will develop in the next decade. The Asia version of the champions league is a good standard yet you are having teams from Australia playing in Korea and Japan which is at least 8 hour flights - you are talking countries so far apart taking on each other - that will evolve into Europe soon enough.

I understand the frustrations of our journey in the last four years and also the indignities thrust upon both the club and the support by the despotic actions of the authorities. However, this talk of starting at the bottom of the English leagues may be a bit too much.

Have you had a look at some of the teams in the lower reaches of the English leagues? Where are such places as - Braintree Town, North Ferriby Utd, Boreham Wood, Solihull Moors, Sutton United & Forest Green Rovers? I never knew such teams existed nor where they are geographically located.

I think most people would agree that by the time we had been promoted back to the premiership this year, the adventure of visiting every last pokey wee ground in Scotland was wearing thin. Now this. I just don't see us having a travelling support after ten seasons of traipsing around these places, assuming we get promoted every year.

Surely, we are losing sight of the raison d'etre of being a Rangers supporter. Winning, enjoying the atmoshpere at the game, maintaining the culture for future generations. Anyone who is taking their child or grandchild to the games right now would have to consider that that child would be in university by the time we got back to big-time football. No RSC would go to all of these far-flung outposts on a regular basis.

Then there's European football- where the real riches are(?), how many supporters would tolerate not having CL games for ten to twelve years? And of course, if we progressed up the leagues at a different rate to our east end neighbours, what would we do without a few seasonal derbies?

Maybe what is really required in Scotland is to work hard towards effecting real change in the game by causing the present cabal running the game to be ejected and bring in new blood who can effectively inject real money and ideas into the game to give it a proper boost.

Changing the geographics of the game does not necessarily mean we shall cure the problem.

A lot of good points though the likes of Sutton United are probably about the size of Morton despite the latter being in the second top tier in Scotland. Also: "how many supporters would tolerate not having CL games for ten to twelve years? " = we may well be facing that anyway. it's not just winning the league, it's qualifying which we found a struggle even when we had top class players. Plus, it may become far more difficult to qualify in the fututre. I don't know how long our fans could bear not winning the league. I look at Liverpool just now - and Man U before them - and over quarter of a century without a league triumph. We'd be in for a culture shock for sure = but, but, but we cannot stay in Scotland as it is - everyone we play, everyone who governs the game, everyone who writes about it or commentates on TV and radio despises us. They tried to kill us and will never let up.

Also: "And of course, if we progressed up the leagues at a different rate to our east end neighbours, what would we do without a few seasonal derbies?" Be effing ecstatic, as I would very happily never play those c@nts ever again.

Edited by SteveC