Rangers beat Leicester City to signing of Finnish winger, player to sign tomorrow

What if there are no CHs in our price range out there?

Of course there are. There must be dozens of good quality centre halfs within our budget. I have seen 8 already this season that are better than Wilson, Hill & Kiernan. 2 at Hamilton, 2 at Dundee, 2 at Motherwell and 2 at Killie. Not one bad mistake from any of the 8 of them in 4 games, while our guys have made numerous mistakes already this season. I'm not saying go out and buy these guys, but if the bar is set so low as to just bring in better than what we have, we see it almost every week with every team we play against.

The problem is we are trying to find centre halfs in an over-inflated market (England) instead of searching the European leagues. I know we are rebuilding the scouting, but this is where agents can help you with an initial search, then we try to focus in on a few potentials from the lists. When you have had a year to find the player, there are no excuses for not getting it done.

We've already tried to sign two defenders from the European market and have another who underwent a medical last Thursday night.

I understand (and echo) the criticism over our inability to have not signed a first choice centre half already but it's not for the lack of trying. I can only assume we're waiting on options from the EPL squad surpluses.

It's also worth noting that whilst the English market is certainly over-inflated, if we sign someone from there at a bargain price and they do well (e.g. Tav) then we sell them back at a much higher value. As with any signing there's no guarantees but I'd suggest signings from the UK are perhaps more likely to be a success than foreign players because of familiarity reasons.

Of course there are. There must be dozens of good quality centre halfs within our budget. I have seen 8 already this season that are better than Wilson, Hill & Kiernan. 2 at Hamilton, 2 at Dundee, 2 at Motherwell and 2 at Killie. Not one bad mistake from any of the 8 of them in 4 games, while our guys have made numerous mistakes already this season. I'm not saying go out and buy these guys, but if the bar is set so low as to just bring in better than what we have, we see it almost every week with every team we play against.

The problem is we are trying to find centre halfs in an over-inflated market (England) instead of searching the European leagues. I know we are rebuilding the scouting, but this is where agents can help you with an initial search, then we try to focus in on a few potentials from the lists. When you have had a year to find the player, there are no excuses for not getting it done.

I know for a fact that Rangers have ties with Jeroen Wotte(Brother of Mark) as he organised our pre-season trips to Holland\Germany. I am sure he has players under his management or at least knows the Dutch game well enough to point us in the right direction. I am positive there are better defenders than kiernan and Hill in the Dutch Leagues somewhere that won't cost the whole world. Personally I think we have spent our transfer money on a striker and no money will be spent on the position we needed most.

I have seen 8 already this season that are better than Wilson, Hill & Kiernan. 2 at Hamilton, 2 at Dundee, 2 at Motherwell and 2 at Killie. Not one bad mistake from any of the 8 of them in 4 games, while our guys have made numerous mistakes already this season. I'm not saying go out and buy these guys, but if the bar is set so low as to just bring in better than what we have, we see it almost every week with every team we play against.

To be honest Tannoch it is not the same. They are defending with 9 men in a 20 yard area which makes defending a whole lot easier.

Just in case someone has been beyond Saturn's rings for the last few months and did not notice:

Apparently we HAVE A SHYTE DEFENCE! Now you know.

Each time we are being linked or signing a player who is not a defender, someone ... or somemany can't help it but blare the same lines out. But alas, NOW we all know it and thank the Heavens for that. So you can spare some valuable life energy and need not repeat it the next time. Ain't that great?1

Edited by der Berliner

To be honest Tannoch it is not the same. They are defending with 9 men in a 20 yard area which makes defending a whole lot easier.

I get that Pete. What I meant was if you just look at individual errors made, every time we concede a goal it seems to be preventable about 3 or 4 times and only player error allows a chance to become a goal. I dont see the same individual errors from the defenders we have played in opposition to us so far this season. Perhaps just I dont focus on them as much as I will be focusing on our attacking play, not their defending, but I dont recall thinking we only scored due to that bloomer from defender A, or defender B should have stopped that.

There were at least 4 individual errors in the Motherwell goal, and at least 3 that I can recall at Kilmarnock's goal. From players not tracking, losing their man, being in the wrong starting position, failing to put a tackle in, etc.

It is why I didnt give the same credit to those in pre-season saying it is the style of play causing us to lose goals and when we bring in a quality holding midfielder it will sort itself out. I seen far too many individual errors from W&K last season that were nothing to do with the midfield. Just poor choices from poor defenders. Sliding in when they didnt have to, not tackling when they needed to, showing the forward the wrong side, losing the man by ball-watching. We all seen it time and time again, and it was nothing to do with Halliday or Ball in midfield.