1 target left this season is to clinch 2nd place.

Beating Aberdeen on Saturday puts us in a good position to do this.

However plans for changing the squad for next season HAVE to get in place.

Guys like Gavin Rae, Nacho Novo, Sionko, Adam, Klos, Ian Murray should be told this monring to look for other clubs if their contract is not already up.

We cant chop the hole squad or id be adding a few more names to the list. Jury still out on Sebo as he has only had 2 games upfront on his own. WS should continue to give him a run for the next few weeks (WITH A PARTNER) to see what he can do.

We need to set out targets. Gow and Broadfoot are joining and that reminds me in the days of signing Gary Bollan and Alec Cleland, however id have Cleland in the team right now - thats how backward we are.

The players we need to go out and enquire about IMO are Lee McCulloch, Peter Lovenkrands, Robbie Fowler, James McFadden, Gary Naysmith along with buying Webster permanently.

One player in our squad who could still possibly make an impact is Thomas Buffel. Smith has been playing a 4-5-1 in the last few games with a midfielder playing behind the striker. This is Buffels position and he hasnt EVER been given a chance to play there for us. The guy has loads of skill and can be a match winner if given the space.

We could build the midfield round Ferguson and Hemdani with those additions including Buffel. It really is our midfield and forwards that need changing. Im pretty happy with the defence as long as Weir, Ehiogu and Webster are there.

Finally the goalkeeper. Unless a really good keeper is identified then we will stick with McGregor. Il say it again he is a decent keeper but thats it. He is under the spotlight just now, but if he is our No.1 for nest season then FFS get Andy Goram to Murray Pk in some role to help him improve.

I hit the 'reply' button about 10 minutes ago but sicne then I've been staring at a white blank, white screen, I'm lost for words and don't know where to start regarding the team. There's so many under performers in europe and WS can't get them motivated to do well.

Nothing much has changed then, from last season and from when PLG left. Apart from the fact we're actually winning games in the SPL again and not leaking lots of really soft goals.

WS was limited in his rebuilding thanks to the transfer window. When he took over I said I'd be happy if we could get 2nd place which wasn't looking as comfortable under PLG as it is now. So on one hand I'm happy.

Re the UEFA Cup, its disappointing to see us playing so negatively, but the flip side is that the squad is very thin just now, so his options were limited. We also don't know how unfit Prso is and what he's been saying to WS about playing from the start or not.

Its also a bit strange on here that we've people saying we should be playing a 4-4-2 (I'm on of them btw) but who on the other hand slag off half the players who would be starting candidates. Either we accept that Walter is working with a very limited squad of average players, or we don't. We can't have it both ways. Yes these players aren't good enough, but we can't do anything about it until the summer.

As for Europe, we didn't complain about the 4-5-1 when it worked. Its obviously backfired since then, but at the same time, he dropped Boyd and brought in Sebo which most people on here were delighted with. Prso's fitness is a doubt and Novo has been playing well as a winger. Much better than our wingers have been in fact. So I can see why the 4-5-1 starts to make sense.

But then what was the point in playing Fergie off the striker, which worked against Tel Aviv, when things were going his way, but then when things were against us, he ends up coming deep. Which was exactly the problem under PLG.

WS showed with Scotland that he has improved as a manager in Europe. Not sure how anyone can disupte that?

As Gers manager, we need to wait until next season to see how things pan out. I know we were unbeaten in Europe for a while, but we were hardly looking invincible. It was almost like under AM where the European results were papering over the cracks.

Besides, you could have played Prso, Sebo, Novo & Boyd up front last night in a 4-2-4 formation. I'd put good money on us still not being able to score as the service they've been getting all season has been pretty crappy.

This would be my squad for next season

First team regulars:

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

Smith

Hemdani

Ferguson

Squad players

Burke

Novo

Adam

Boyd

Thomson

Muarry

Gow

Broadfoot

Svensson

Lowing

Out:

Papac

Rae

Sionko

Prso (retired)

Sebo

Ugo

Klos (reitired)

In:

Webster (if he proves his fitness)

Target man striker (Rasiak?)

Pacey Striker (Lovenkrands?)

Left sided Midfielder

Scot Brown

Experineced goalkeeper to challenge McGregor

No Scot McDonald!!!!

IMO we require 2 full backs as I am not convinced that Hutton and Smith are the answer. After watching Murray this season, he certainly isn't the answer at left back, so even if Smith does make it, we need cover.

Webster and Svensson will be the 'long term' solution to the centre-half positions and we have the option of dropping Hendami back there as he has played there during his career.

Midfiled - Ferguson, Hendami and Thomson are far to similar - hence the reason we have to play Fergie as a 'striker'. If Hendami moves back, then Fergie and Thomson would be our central midfielders. What we lack in midfield is players who are fast, skillful and can play that 'killer' pass. Whilst Brown and mcCullock aren't 'world class' they would be an improvement on what we currently have.

The forward area is where we are struggling the most. Boyd, for all his goals isn't the answer. He lacks pace, link up play and movement. We require 2 forwards, both who will be fast, agile and can finish. Lovenkrands would be ideal! and (and I know I'm dreaming here) but why not try and get Mido on loan from Spurs (he is 4th choice there at the moment).

All in all, a lot of rebuilding required.

Cammy F

Novo out but kep Sebo! The blind faith in this man actually shocks me.:sigh:

Novo's contract is being allowed to run out with no new contract on the table, so it looks like he is leaving.

Sebo is a difficult one. Surely PLG seem something in him to convince him to spend 50% of his entire transfer budget on him? Surely he is boing something in training that convinced WS to drop Boyd for our last 2 games?

Don't think its blind faith in Sebo,. maybe blind faith in PLG actually knowing a player - but I admit it looks like PLG bought us a dud in Sebo.

Cammy F

Novo's contract is being allowed to run out with no new contract on the table, so it looks like he is leaving.

Sebo is a difficult one. Surely PLG seem something in him to convince him to spend 50% of his entire transfer budget on him? Surely he is boing something in training that convinced WS to drop Boyd for our last 2 games?

Don't think its blind faith in Sebo,. maybe blind faith in PLG actually knowing a player - but I admit it looks like PLG bought us a dud in Sebo.

Cammy F

In reading the start of your post I was just about to write a response, but you wrote it for me. I have no faith in PLG's ability to spot a player.

I know about Novo's contract, but my comment was more in reference to teh fact that Gribz would keep Sebo and Novo.:confused:

In reading the start of your post I was just about to write a response, but you wrote it for me. I have no faith in PLG's ability to spot a player.

I know about Novo's contract, but my comment was more in reference to teh fact that Gribz would keep Sebo and Novo.:confused:

What, you have no faith in a manger who moulded the current Lyon team from scratch? Surely a manager of such reputation and ability saw something in Sebo?

Cammy F

I thought Novo's contract was up next summer, not this year?

I don't think there's any doubting that PLG is a talented manager as his record speaks for itself. However, I think he and many of his signings underestimated Scottish football. We'll never know what his long term vision for the club was and if he had any chance of making it happen.