What is Plan A Mark?

MW also made great play about respect and cohesion in the dressing room

his signing doesn't make sense

and it didn't at the time either.

After we beat the Tims then Delia got the sack, they knew they had to go down the same road as us. Better quality of English manager and higher profile and better players from the English leagues, they had the money so they spent more, we had to buy better and at least try and match them without the spending the same amount as money as them. Yesterday's defeat should we need to spend more than we planned for, or get more out of what we got.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

After we beat the Tims then Delia got the sack, they knew they had to go down the same road as us. Better quality of English manager and higher profile and better players from the English leagues, they had the money so they spent more, we had to buy better and at least try and match them without the spending the same amount as money as them. Yesterday's defeat should we need to spend more than we planned for, or get more out of what we got.

we needed to spend what we did have on the right area

the back 4

we've failed spectacularly here

MW also made great play about respect and cohesion in the dressing room

his signing doesn't make sense

and it didn't at the time either.

I was on board with Barton as I thought he was the experienced player MW was looking for to sit in front of the back 4. I presumed that was the plan? Let's not forgot he chased that guy Eustace for a whole season, so he obviously had this role in mind?

Would it be wrong to suggest that Plan A was changed the day Barton was signed?

Plan A came unstuck when teams - probably rather unexpectetly for his English experience - started to park the bus from about x-mas onwards, instead of trying to play an open game.

Signing Barton was to bring stability to a lacking defence.

Signing Kranjcar was made to open up teams behind brick walls with clever passes and the odd wicked shot at goal. As well as sending quicker passes to roving midfielders, should the chance arise (which did not happen that often this season).

Signing Hill was to shore up the defensive slots with valuable experience, but I doubt he was seen as a primary candidate to replace either Kiernan and Wilson.

Senderos was to bring similar experience to an still ailing back-line ... as any other signing option went down the drain.

The rest of the signings were hardly old people or folk that will not improve our side in the here and now. We hardly click right now, but that is not the first time in our history and won't be our last. We should make sure it does not last too long. I for one wouldn't be surprised to see Crooks in a CH slot soonish.

Edited by der Berliner