where it all went wrong

They showed Teutoic efficiency when good chances came their way, we handed them a goal on the plate for 3-1, which effectively killed our forward push at that stage. After Kiernan went off and Senderos followed, it was a case of how many ...

Such stuff happens, gladly enough only rarely. The defence needs to get their act together ... as much as we need to find our scoring form. In that respect, Saturday was no benchmark, as we created rather little. But we've squandered far too many opportunities in the previous 4 games, which, in unison with our sub-standard defending, hands you a recipe for bother. Whether we'll be able to change the trend is anyone's guess, but I remain hopeful.

I agree. Since the SC semi final Halliday has taken his baw and went home, and the energy of the midfield with him. Mind you, Holt would be a welcome return.

I think Barton & Kranjcar have changed the dynamic of our midfield,weakened it to an extent,we miss the energy and drive of last season,Holt,Windass & Halliday should be playing IMO,I know Holt has been out injured. It's difficult for MW after signing JB & NK to leave them out,I'm not saying they won't improve but for me that is the reason we have lost that drive from the middle.

Well, people argue that we lost our bite since the turn of the year, but virtually ever since we won the cup semifinal. Barton was no-where in sight back then. People may want the return of the Halliday pre-x-mas, but I cannot really see how Barton stopped our forward play? He's there to break up opposition attacks and guard our defence, after all. It is not that he doesn't do that or is indeed shy in his forward movement.

Edited by der Berliner