How much for Garner?

I agree with most of that, although I do see we're all now focusing on second place; I can't help but be a wee bit despondent about that, at this early stage... :(

From where we have been these last few years I will be happy with 2nd place,for this season!,then the next target is winning the title. I don't see it as giving up in any way on the title just the gap between us and them needs to be bridged and unless there is serious investment for a January spend 2nd is probably as good as it gets for this season.

Again I pretty much agree, but I was maybe over-optimistic in hoping we would be about 10 points behind at the end of the season rather than less than a quarter of the way through.

With the second biggest budget, a supposed dream management team, and 48k for a 12th man at Ibrox, I'm still finding 7th place and 3pts behind second a bit deflating. The problem with having so many teams above us is that it's not just overcoming 3pts from one team, they won't all drop points at once.

Also I'm worried about being able to beat Hearts now, and with every game even more of a must win, the pressure is very much on - and I don't think our team has been the best at dealing with that under the current management. The cup game against Celtic was unique in that expectations were low, and the pressure was all on Delia and his players.

Maybe we're just having a hiccup but it's a pretty long one.

Before I get the usual nonsense stuff about me "defending" McCoist or thinking he was a good manager - I'll help people by recaping that I said he wasn't good enough for Rangers in the second half of his first season, but I did argue against the extreme criticism that he certainly didn't deserve.

Are you sure about that :)?

It would be interesting if you could link to the particular post in question because it's in sharp contrast to everything else you said during your staunch defence of his tenure.

Only in your mind, not in reality... :rolleyes:

Thread closed.

I'm starting to lose my patience with the petty squabbles between some folk. This is an internet forum for what I hope are reasonably sensible and intelligent adults: not a school playground.

Stick to our rules about respecting other posters or go elsewhere.

Edited by Frankie