How much for Garner?

Was it £1.5M ? Anything like that figure and I say we were done. I've seen nothing from this guy except stupid rash tackles, looking to square up to opponents, miskicks, no ball control. Only a few games I know but so far very poor IMO.

I think you're right.

Hateley was useless to start with.

I did have that thought before posting, but in Hateley's case I think it was down to fitness & long lasting niggling injuries. Hope Garner comes good, just not seen anything so far.

Not off to a great start,too early to write off just yet.

He needs a little time to settle,then we will see.Not afraid to rumble them up ,i allways like that in a player.You know ,let them know youre there.

Hes trying too hard to impress at the minute imo.

Garner was a panic signing before the transfer window closed. So was Senderos.

At the end of last season it was obvious we needed better quality at CB & up front.To have waited til just before the window closed showed we didnt have any specfic targets in mind or simply couldnt get who we wanted.

As a result we're conceding far too many & not scoring enough from the strikers ( in the league so far anyway) and that's worrying even at this early stage

the whole team are rank just now so singling people out is pointless

but putting players in and out of the team this early in the season is farcical, how on earth can they be needing rotated already?

I dont think his style of play suits the way we play. I recall one or two occasions he actually won a long ball up top and no-one ran in behind. He never made runs in behind that i can remember. Easy for Aberdeen to defend when you only have 1 striker.

Kenny Miller had an almost instant impact in the game because he was making runs in behind and stretching the Aberdeen back 4. Garner just doesnt play that way. I see him as a more Boyd or Ally type forward which i struggle to see how that will work for us. I would expect if he was playing to go to a 4-4-2 rather than the 4-2-3-1 we normally play.