[FT] ICT 0 - 1 Rangers (Miller 22)

Jason Holt: "Inverness have been doing well recently and we're under no illusions - it is going to be difficult up there on Friday night.

"We'll go up there with confidence and try to enforce our style of play from the start with a high intensity. From the first minute we will be on the front foot."

Would quite like to see a team along the following lines tonight:

rfc_ict.jpg

May depend on the fitness of Windass but I really like the look of that midfield. Dodoo or MOH on the right to give us some much-needed pace also please!

Regarding Foran, he probably solely spoke about ICT rather than Scottish football in general. They might have improved standard-wise (at least on paper) and methinks even won the odd trophy in our absence. They probably got more money too in that spell, mainly because of our absence ... and that of teams you would have expected to do better after 2012, namely Hearts, Hibs, and Dundee United. And obviously it is a rather subjective view when he speaks about standards. There is no doubt that teams like ICT and Ross County get a bit cocky after watching us drop points all over the place while sneaking the odd draw from the Scum. All the while knowing that they do not face the Laudrups, deBoers, Albertz et al from days gone by in this day and age.

Tonight will be difficult, but I'd be content even if we sneak it by the odd goal. Points and victories are more vital than playing smashing footie. Next week it will be totally different affair.

BTW, Dodoo is a natural left winger by trade, Frankie. Not sure whether we will start with Kranjcar straight away, or use Holt and Windass ahead of Halliday. We probably neat some slick passes to cut through them early on, when they probably try to have a go at us.

Foderingham

Tavernier - Hill - Wilson - Wallace

Halliday

Holt - Kranjcar

Waghorn - Garner - Forrester

Kranjcar to pick the passes, Garner, Waghorn and Forrester for aggression and firepower up front. Else, put Windass in Kranjcar's slot. Dodoo, O'Halloran and McKay for later.

Edited by der Berliner

Foderingham

Tavernier - Hill - Wilson - Wallace

Halliday

Holt - Kranjcar

Waghorn - Garner - Forrester

Kranjcar to pick the passes, Garner, Waghorn and Forrester for aggression and firepower up front. Else, put Windass in Kranjcar's slot. Dodoo, O'Halloran and McKay for later.

As much as I love the look of that team I just can see MW going with Miller, McKay and Waghorn upfront. Its a pity we don't know our best 11 just yet as the only way I see us going on a run is if we get a settled side.

Just read a tweet that said we haven't kept a clean sheet away from home since Feb this year against QOTS, and conceded 19 goals away from home since winning only 1 game. Hopefully we can end this run tonight. We are more than capable of 3/4-0 tonight but we have to earn it, everyman at their absolute best.

Just read a tweet that said we haven't kept a clean sheet away from home since Feb this year against QOTS, and conceded 19 goals away from home since winning only 1 game. Hopefully we can end this run tonight. We are more than capable of 3/4-0 tonight but we have to earn it, everyman at their absolute best.

As much as the defence has taken stick, we need to start creating more chances and scoring more goals.

Big test again tonight!

As much as the defence has taken stick, we need to start creating more chances and scoring more goals.

Big test again tonight!

We could really do with Waghorn finding form or Garner getting a few goals. Worrying how few goals we've scored lately

We could really do with Waghorn finding form or Garner getting a few goals. Worrying how few goals we've scored lately

Waghorn being injured and then moved around hasn't helped his performance consistency. I'd say he's our best outlet for goals so should be first choice with Garner as back-up.

A very expensive back-up Frankie. We have paid more (reportedly) for this guy than for everyone else we have bought since 2012 put together, yet he cant get in the side when we dont score enough goals?

That is either a monumental cock-up by management or.......nope I think that nails it.