Club Statement

At least from this statement we can start to deduce what is going on. Here is my Miss Marple tuppence worth;

A week suspension for the bust up with Warburton. During this period the club receive word from SFA re the betting charge and immediately suspend the player until the hearing date, which they were expecting last week but only convened this week. Barton then throws a curve ball by asking for a postponement to prepare his case, meaning the club have to extend his suspension again tonight.

It looks like if he is found guilty by the SFA and doesn't appeal he will be sacked and if he is cleared he will return.

This now gives the Tim-backed SFA a difficulty. If they throw the book at Barton, they save us money as we sack him. If they clear him, they look like fools but we then have to keep and pay a player we clearly don't want.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion when the meeting was postponed at the PLAYER'S request, not the Club's.

For me it is pretty obvious and in fact I now feel we are treating him very shabbily. I am starting to wonder if Warburton has lost the plot. The guy did something wrong and got punished for it. All of a sudden the goal posts got moved time and again. If I get arrested for stealing I am not kept in jail until a trial, I am released on bail to return to my everyday life. Barton will get a punishment from the SFA but Rangers are now punishing him before he is even been found guilty. If the SFA trial was 6 months away would he be sidelined for 6 months? He will be getting paid for doing nothing but I think he would rather be playing for nothing. If Rangers wanted Barton playing he would be playing. They are not even letting him train so he can hit the ground running after his punishment and that is pretty unheard of. Sorry Craig as I say it is obvious to me he is not wanted and probably the person that committed the biggest crime here was the person that signed him in the first place.