Was going to post this in the thread that was created for the attack on the wee boy in Edinburgh, but it has been hijacked and lost its way...

Anyway, Rangers have contacted the wee lad involved and invited him and his family to a game and the chance to meet the players. The lad and his father who haven't been to any football game are delighted with the offer and are looking forward to it.

Rangers have also asked the Police to forward them the name of the attacker if / when found and he will be banned from Ibrox for life.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=914292006

Cammy F

Its good that something positive has come from Rangers on this.

Although I would rather he got a season ticket along with his father..... that would be a gesture fitting of the stature of our club.

Its good that something positive has come from Rangers on this.

Although I would rather he got a season ticket along with his father..... that would be a gesture fitting of the stature of our club.

Yeah, but in PR terms for Rangers, this is a huge step forward.

I would have had the boy as a mascot as well and had him take the field in his England top to show that the vast majority of Rangers fans have no problems with anyone wearing such a top.

Cammy F

Yeah, but in PR terms for Rangers, this is a huge step forward.

I would have had the boy as a mascot as well and had him take the field in his England top to show that the vast majority of Rangers fans have no problems with anyone wearing such a top.

Cammy F

I agree that what Rangers have done is fantastic and the wee boy would love his day at Ibrox as a mascot but why should he wear an England top? It's a Rangers game he's going to. I can see where you're coming from Cammy but a Rangers game has nothing to do with England.

Was this due to your request yesterday Cammy ? ;)

Yes, gersfem, at least something good has come from it - for once we have seen some decent PR from Ibrox.

Craig "hope the lad and his family have a GREAT day out" loyal

I agree that what Rangers have done is fantastic and the wee boy would love his day at Ibrox as a mascot but why should he wear an England top? It's a Rangers game he's going to. I can see where you're coming from Cammy but a Rangers game has nothing to do with England.

It hasn't, but the lad was attacked by a 'Rangers' fan for being English (although he's not) and for wearing an England top. For that reason, I would like for him to see that the vast majority of Rangers fans have no problem with the English, or anyone wearing an England top (and I would say the same no matter what top the lad was wearing).

Cammy F

It hasn't, but the lad was attacked by a 'Rangers' fan for being English (although he's not) and for wearing an England top. For that reason, I would like for him to see that the vast majority of Rangers fans have no problem with the English, or anyone wearing an England top (and I would say the same no matter what top the lad was wearing).

Cammy F

The vast majority of Rangers fans haven't got a problem with the English but I'm sure his family knows this.

If he does get the chance to become a mascot he should wear a Rangers top just like every other mascot before him.

Agreed on the mascot - my only concern with the England to is that we all know the mhedia will take is as an opportunity to ridicule our club as being "pro-English"/"anti-Scottish" or whetever lame excuse to have a dig they can come up with on the day.

An update on the original story, the lads father who was interviewed on radio 5 live last night said it wasn't a rangers top the attacker was wearing, but a scotland top... not that make any bit of difference, just thought I'd inform you all what was said by the lads father on radio last night.

Take your points (Gazza and Craig) about the England top, it was just a suggestion and something I would have liked to seen happening thats all.

Cammy F