Bloody hell, I enjoyed that!

I don't normally start threads on here but am compelled to share the overwhelming sense of joy, mixed with relief, that I felt leaving the ground today.

Not only the best performance of the season but the best since April and the happiest I've been leaving Ibrox since 2015.

Everybody played well but O'Halloran stood out and thoroughly desrved his man of the match.

Thank you Rangers for reminding me of how we can play.

Please, let's do it more often.

Edited by Robert
spelling

Obviously i'm happy/relieved too but I think it's simply the goals going in for once that make the difference. I think I may even have seen them play better but it doesn't get the credit when they're not scoring. The 0-0 game at Ibrox against Ross County as an example they were totally all over them but just couldn't get the ball in the net. Warburtons comments after that game.

"I'm never happy about dropping two points at home but I'm very pleased with the performance. That's our best 90-minute performance of the season. "I'm sure you'll agree we created more than enough chances to win two or three games. We just hit every part of the goalkeeper's body. "It was one of those days but we've got to be much happier with the quality of performance. Nine times out of 10 that will be enough to win games."

And he was right it was a good performance but as I said the ball just wouldn't go in the net. If we can only start putting them away on a regular basis we will be fine.

Obviously i'm happy/relieved too but I think it's simply the goals going in for once that make the difference. I think I may even have seen them play better but it doesn't get the credit when they're not scoring. The 0-0 game at Ibrox against Ross County as an example they were totally all over them but just couldn't get the ball in the net. Warburtons comments after that game.

And he was right it was a good performance but as I said the ball just wouldn't go in the net. If we can only start putting them away on a regular basis we will be fine.

Disagree that was by far the best performance of the season. We played far compacter and looked far more confident. I will even put my finger where I think the difference is. The full backs getting further up the field and being a danger again. Whether that is due to the better defending by Kiernan and Hill I don't know but suspect played a role.

We were starting to be a static back 4 with Wallace and Tav only defending really. Maybe they realise Hodson is close on their heels and they can be dropped. That gave the midfield far more options which made their job easier.

I don't know what happened to Miller or where he was playing really but he looked like a young puppy with an old head. O'Halloran was indeed also excellent and even defended well when Tav burst forward.

I have often thought the reason McKay played well last season and poor this season is Lee Wallace. Last season when Wallace was bursting past him he could feed it through to him or cut inside. This season Wallace was almost static which meant Barrie had to go past the defender and that is not his strongest point.

What a difference a day makes as they say and I hope it is the start of something new and we race towardc Celtic. Unlike some I have still not given up the league I have seen better teams than this Celtic capitulate a lead.

Unlike some I have still not given up the league I have seen better teams than this Celtic capitulate a lead.

I was thinking exactly that. I saw the first half of the up at Aberdeen last night before I went to bed and they looked so casual and big headed. If they drop their intensity it might be hard to get back. As long as we stay within single figures of them, they will have to look over their shoulders.

Edited by Barebear

Just logged on and agree today put a smile on my face and I left the stadium a happy man.

Good result and IMO the reason we played so well is "WE GOT THE FIRST GOAL" and were not from then on playing catch up.

No failures today and certainly did not miss McKay.

I actually think we have been a baw hair away from wins in games that we should have won,today was an indication on what this team can produce,everything clicked into place and for me that was all that has been missing this season,also a bit of bad luck has been against us in a lot of the games

Edited by ian1964

was up the road for the game and have to say i enjoyed it as well. a lot more urgency in our passing and game play with everyone getting pass marks. my man of the match was kenny miller. he lead by example from the first kick of the ball and it was no surprise the game tailed off when he was subbed.