Early Day Motion by 2 Blackburn MPs

Bit late for us perhaps..

It also “notes that the fans of many clubs including Blackburn Rovers, Coventry City, Leeds United, Charlton Athletic and Blackpool, including clubs in Scotland, have lost faith in their clubs’ owners amid deep concerns about the future direction of their clubs”, “and calls for progress from the Government in legislating a robust fit and proper persons test”.

It also calls for fan representation on football club boards.They allow MPs to draw attention to an event or cause but very few are actually debated.

This really should be enshrined in law. It's a matter of huge public interest.

Whyte should never have been legally able to buy us and green should be jailed for what he did to us.

Exactly GS - hence why despite Rab's concerns MP's will have to become involved to pass the necessary legislation.

If you remember way back when I concluded my investigation into HMRC I suggested the introduction of an information sharing protocol with the football authorities being a entitled disclosee.

It still beggars belief that in this day and age th SFA had no means of checking the validity of Whyte's application - whilst HMRC sat and said nothing as a disquaified director took charge at our club and embarked on a course action identical to that which saw him already in debt to HMRC for £3 million

Edited by D'Artagnan

I think there was more than sufficient warnings about Whyte by the likes of PM at the time. AJ too.

Green perhaps not so much

There was Rab but nothing of substance and all a bit vague - ie AJ urged Gers fans to be "vigilant" - which in itself was something of a joke.

Certainly nothing of sufficient substance for the SFA to decline his application.

The information which HMRC held however - well thats an entirely different matter.