[FT] Partick Thistle 1 - 2 Rangers (Dodoo 81; 94)

We got out of jail today. Inspired substitution. We will have to play a lot better at Tynecastle though

I don't think he had any option to make this sub mate, Garner was awful. I have wanted to see Miller up top with Waghorn or Dodoo for weeks in a changed formation.

My take on the team:

Foderingham - did well with few saves he should make.

Tavernier - Improved as a defender but its cost him what he offers going forward, that is ok if we play MOH on the right.

Wilson / Kiernan - not the best but perhaps Wilson is not 100%. Thistle got forward a lot against this back 2. Worrying long term.

Wallace - Unlucky not to score when his shot was going in until it came off Holt.

Halliday - So so but I think when Rossiter is 100% fit he could be done with a rest.

Holt - Drifted in and out. Would be more suited playing central in a 4-1-4-1

Windass - clearly wasn't fit.

Forrester - Probably our most dangerous player, would be more suited to playing in a 4-1-3-2 / 4-1-4-1

Miller - Work rate was awesome, he got back a lot. 2 quality assists.

Garner - doesn't fit into this system at all. Should be behind Miller, Waghorn and now Dodoo in the pecking order upfront.

Subs:

MOH - Should be starting every game on the right wing at the moment.

Mckay - Improved the team after replacing Windass.

Dodoo - Prior to the goals he was far more affective than Garner anyway and he was up against a Thistle 6/7 man defence. First goal was a sublime take which heeded confidence. The winner was quality calmness to slot it in. He has earned a start in midweek. If he bulked up just slightly he could be a real handful for defenders.

Are those two goals enough to warrant a run of starts from Dodoo? I'd probably say so. As I said in the preview, at the time he just struck me as a guy brought in for the starting XI. Don't forget, this is a guy who scored a hat-trick for the English champions last season. The way he took his first showed his quality and what he's capable of. I sat there in front of my laptop and thought, in true Still Game fashion, 'Aye, no bad' :shock:

However I'd like to think Dodoo's cameo doesn't overshadow Forrester too much, whom I thought had one of his best games in a Rangers shirt and justified the decision to play him from the start. Until Dodoo came on, he looked like the only player Partick had genuine difficulty with.

If Warburton continues with his 4-3-3, then I honestly believe a front line of Miller, Forrester and Dodoo will finally see some goals.

Garner - doesn't fit into this system at all. Should be behind Miller, Waghorn and now Dodoo in the pecking order upfront.

Sad to say but I'd have Waghorn behind Garner in the pecking order. And Garner behind a front Three of Miller-Dodoo-Forrester.

I've said before, and I still believe, that Garner has something, poor as he was on Saturday. But every time I see him I have the same thought: '£1.6 million'. It's still pretty early days so my trust has to remain with the manager on this one.