[FT] Partick Thistle 1 - 2 Rangers (Dodoo 81; 94)

From what I have seen of late ... formwise, I'd play

Holt - Halliday - Forrester

O'Halloran - Garner - Dodoo

... that would be Halliday and Holt support one another in midfield, Forrester somewhat leftish, but with a free roving role, MOH to chase down the right flank and Garner and Dodoo through the middle, with Dodoo switching into the left attacking slot once Forrester moves to the middle.

For me id switch to a 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-4-1

Defence can pick itself. But the midfield and forward as this with the 3 switching roles (although perhaps Rossiter in for Halliday once fit):

Halliday

Ohallaran Forrester McKay

Miller Dodoo

In a 4-1-4-1 with again the 4 switching roles (again Rossiter in for Halliday when fit):

Halliday

OHallaran Holt Forrester McKay

Miller

Options with the latter formation is Windass can fit in at anytime as can Crooks and Rossiter for Halliday if they ever get fit. Dodoo, Waghorn and Garner all options for Miller.

I still think Waghorn has something to offer on the inside right or through the middle when he gets his confidence back.

Miller's not a natural goal scorer - never has been, he's a worker who makes things happen for others.

So far, I've not been impressed with Garner. He's similar to Miller in that he appears to do a lot of running & likes to get in about defenders, but I don't think there is an out & out goal scorer there.

I would like to see more of Dodoo.....there was a lot of fanfare when he signed about being chased by top english sides & that he was a £7-8m player. That being the case, why's he struggling to get into the team???

I would also like to see Waggy getting some more games. The guy scored plenty of goals last season, yet hasn't really had a chance this time.

Both Waghorn and Dodoo had injuries, and we don't exactly know how both show up in training each day. Likewise, Garner apparently needed time to settle - locally and in the system we play. That, and we apparently shoehorning quite a few players into MW's 4-3-3 system and they take time to adapt. Hence the constant shifting of positions up front. All ain't helped by injuries.

To get Waghorn (mentally) fit again, he needs game time. I wouldn't mind using him as the main striker away from home against more "robust" defenders every now and then.

Picture this.

My wife sitting on one sofa doing some sewing and my daughter on the other sofa looking at her tablet. i think they had the darts on, on the main TV but the sound was down low as they were also chatting. The house is is locked in silence. Pete is sitting watching the the Rangers game on a second TV I have on my bureau. As it is a second TV in the same room I am listening through a pair of headphones totally entranced in the game. My wife and daughter are oblivious to anything that is happening on my telly. Then on the 93rd minute Dodoo gets the ball and slots it home. I jump out my seat screaming at the top of my voice "Yes ya beauty" A tablet gets launched into the air. A pin cushion clatters to the ground.Then I heard the loving words of "Jesus ya stupid idiot ye nearly gave me a heart attack":D

It was another carbon copy of recent matches.

All the possession, a few decent chances and some poor/unlucky finishing underscored by a daft goal to lose. However, at least the team kept working to the final whistle and the subs made their mark. That was the main difference to earlier this season when we would have lost or drawn that game at best.

We're a different team when we push higher up the park and pressure teams on the ball. Too often the front three are too deep and/or have not enough support. Later in the game we got bodies forward and we even seen Tav in the box at the second goal. That's what won us the match and we need to see more of it if we're to score more goals.

It was another carbon copy of recent matches.

All the possession, a few decent chances and some poor/unlucky finishing underscored by a daft goal to lose. However, at least the team kept working to the final whistle and the subs made their mark. That was the main difference to earlier this season when we would have lost or drawn that game at best.

We're a different team when we push higher up the park and pressure teams on the ball. Too often the front three are too deep and/or have not enough support. Later in the game we got bodies forward and we even seen Tav in the box at the second goal. That's what won us the match and we need to see more of it if we're to score more goals.

With the Partick goal. Was the player who headed it back not in an offside position?

With the Partick goal. Was the player who headed it back not in an offside position?

Tight decision but probably correct. No doubt about the penalty Forrester did not get, even though I didn't see the positioning of the ref. In any case, we have been on the receiving end of some rather woeful decisions this season.

Picture this.

My wife sitting on one sofa doing some sewing and my daughter on the other sofa looking at her tablet. i think they had the darts on, on the main TV but the sound was down low as they were also chatting. The house is is locked in silence. Pete is sitting watching the the Rangers game on a second TV I have on my bureau. As it is a second TV in the same room I am listening through a pair of headphones totally entranced in the game. My wife and daughter are oblivious to anything that is happening on my telly. Then on the 93rd minute Dodoo gets the ball and slots it home. I jump out my seat screaming at the top of my voice "Yes ya beauty" A tablet gets launched into the air. A pin cushion clatters to the ground.Then I heard the loving words of "Jesus ya stupid idiot ye nearly gave me a heart attack":D

Aye, you and all the rest of us :rfcbouncy:

Still, only once have I actually vaulted the sofa - Bertie Bombscare's howitzer v Them.