Even finishing 4th will be good enough this season.

Firstly, thanks to the Celtic fan for thinking of us. I know we're never far from your thoughts.

We need European football next season, and that means 3rd.

Yes it was an extremely dubious first post and I was 99% certain it was a wind-up. I opened it again as I have never considered that we would finish lower than 2nd. In fact I had not given up hope of ending 1st. I have now after that display last night. Everything that made us so good last season has gone out the window. We do not press high. We do not hunt in groups. There is no set pattern on how we do press. It is no team effort anymore. Some do, Some don't. All individual actions which means the team cohesion is in tatters.

Hearts finished third on a fraction of our budget but probably higher than the 9 of the teams and lower than Aberdeen. We have multiples of Aberdeen and Hearts on budget, not just 10% or something. Our budget is a hammer to crack the nut of second.

We have gone through a lot of shit, but on the pitch, I don't see how it affects us more than Hearts have been affected. It's still a game of football and there is minimal off-field crap to deal with.

It's funny how these arguments did't come out when McCoist was manager, when they were actually infinitely more relevant. In fact it was quite the opposite.

For him being second to Hearts with no transfer fee spending while the guts were being ripped out the club by the old board and Llambias and during a fan boycott was unacceptable, but give Warburton a decent board, total fan backing, a budget to play with, good optimism at the club and it's suddenly fine to finish behind them and Aberdeen?

It makes absolutely no sense. If McCoist was given a bit more slack then maybe I'd understand the arguments.

In the end McCoist wasn't good enough, neither is a manager who finishes 3rd in the club's current shape and budget.

Edited by calscot

I have no idea why we are considering 4th we are joint second just now. Although our goal difference is terrible.

Some folk love moaning others are just panickers

I am not considering 3rd 4th just yet but my illusion of catching the tims is oot the windae

I have no idea why we are considering 4th we are joint second just now. Although our goal difference is terrible.

Some folk love moaning others are just panickers

We're not really joint second. We're more realistically joint third, and fourth on a big goal difference. We have Hearts and Aberdeen games coming up too and not looking capable of beating them.

Thinking we're second is a false sense of security. The fact is that with our budget we should have something like a 10 point buffer for second right now. Our manager is floundering.

Hearts finished third on a fraction of our budget but probably higher than the 9 of the teams and lower than Aberdeen. We have multiples of Aberdeen and Hearts on budget, not just 10% or something. Our budget is a hammer to crack the nut of second.

We have gone through a lot of shit, but on the pitch, I don't see how it affects us more than Hearts have been affected. It's still a game of football and there is minimal off-field crap to deal with.

It's funny how these arguments did't come out when McCoist was manager, when they were actually infinitely more relevant. In fact it was quite the opposite.

For him being second to Hearts with no transfer fee spending while the guts were being ripped out the club by the old board and Llambias and during a fan boycott was unacceptable, but give Warburton a decent board, total fan backing, a budget to play with, good optimism at the club and it's suddenly fine to finish behind them and Aberdeen?

It makes absolutely no sense. If McCoist was given a bit more slack then maybe I'd understand the arguments.

In the end McCoist wasn't good enough, neither is a manager who finished 3rd in the club's current shape and budget.

I have actually read a lot of your posts calscot, particularly in this subject re McCoist. I have to say I agree with you and others on the McCoist issue. As I have already mentioned in other posts I suspect should results not be satisfactory throughout December MW may well be on his way too. Fourth is unacceptable as DK confirmed at the AGM. We can all argue as much as we like, the chairman has stated he expects second with the players and budget at MW disposal. He will need to do something if results are not forthcoming in December. I should also point out that had I thought the players were giving 100% for MW my opinion would be different. It's clear they are not.

Edited by cooponthewing