Responsibility

At what point do/should the PLAYERS start accepting responsibility for their performances???

After last nights performance against Hearts, the vast majority of criticism appears to be directed towards the Manager. While the manager is quite rightly deserving of some criticism, I believe it is unfair for him to be the sole recipient.

The manager is responsible for:

- buying the players

- picking the squad

- picking the tactics

- Daily training & Match preparation

- In-Game tactical changes

However, once those players cross the touchline, the manager is limited in what he can physically do. Is the manager responsible for Tav's positioning (mainly) at the 2nd goal??? Is he responsible for Wes's inability to find a team-mate with a long ball??? Is he responsible for the players not moving or passing???

When players are not playing well during a game, the manager only has 3 options to change personnel....so what happens when 6,7,8+ players are not playing well??? I believe that no matter what tactics MW had instructed the players to use, they would have failed.

Look what happened in the one real moment when the team actually passed & moved well - Dodoo scored. for the rest of the game, they were lacklustre & lifeless. The Manager can yell at them from the Tech area all he wants but in reality it ain't gonna make that much of a difference.

Some may say that the players are simply not good enough, I would disagree. These are professional footballers, getting paid VERY well for doing not a lot (really), yet I have seen folk down the park on a Sunday with better skill & control than these guys showed last night. Hearts players get paid & are rated considerably lower than ours, yet looked a vastly superior team. Their manager set out the tactics well, but it was players on the park that executed the plan properly.

So I ask again, when does the responsibility shift from the manager to the players????

The responsibility never shifts from manager to players. He signed them & he picks them.

but they're the ones who are physically out on the park playing & failing to do their job.

If I don't do my job, it's not my boss that gets fired - he hired me & instructs me what to do....

I still suspect a lot of the players are pig sick of the shit here. Again going back to the SC final, I will ask anyone on here, if people had barged into your work, assaulted you, or had left you feeling threatened. If your managers or police if they were involved, subsequently covered it up and diverted blame from those involved. If nothing had changed after it and no extra security was put in place.

Would you ever feel the same again(I wouldn't have went back and would have sued, I digress) seriously though, you would not be able to concentrate, your nerves would be shot, chances are you would be on the sick. You sure as heck wouldn't go back for more.

So back to the question. I will say it again, it is the players fault to a degree, however none of them have looked the same since the events that unfolded and the political and footballing cover up that followed. The same could also be said of MW.

Edited by cooponthewing

If he doesn't sack you he might

The point being....If I follow my bosses instructions, but do a pi55 poor job, It's me that is responsible & me that pays the price. Ultimately it is not my boss that gets the grief for my poor working. It IS my bosses responsibility to deal with the poor performance though.

The point being....If I follow my bosses instructions, but do a pi55 poor job, It's me that is responsible & me that pays the price. Ultimately it is not my boss that gets the grief for my poor working. It IS my bosses responsibility to deal with the poor performance though.

So the players need to pay the price. That's fine your right.

What happens if the manager doesn't make them pay?

I mean he might well but if he doesn't?

That's why managers get the sack not players usually.

So the players need to pay the price. That's fine your right.

What happens if the manager doesn't make them pay?

I mean he might well but if he doesn't?

That's why managers get the sack not players usually.

It's also easier to sack & replace the manager, than it is to sack 11 players & replace them....

As it stands, I don't think we are anywhere near the sacking stage, I just think a bit of perspective as to where the ACTUAL blame for poor performances is required. The performance of the players last night was shocking - they were even arguing amongst themselves on the pitch at one point - so I think ANY manager could have been on the touchline & still not got a better performance out of them.

The responsibility does however return to the Manager...it is now up to him to identify what went wrong & implement a suitable solution which sees a much improved performance for the next match.