BBC Scotland continued its Sportsound whitewash tonight. Unfortunately, well fortunately, I missed much of the show (and no, I will not download the podcast, thank you very much.) What I did hear was that, contrary to last night's defence of the bigot as a football man, and a good guy ( white non Jewish heterosexual male does not offend white heterosexual non Jewish males, and there's a surprise) was that the post requires not so much football coaching abilities as diplomacy, tact, and interpersonal skills. The more that the panel, particularly the self important English, emphasised this, the more the job description moved away from the appointee. To place McKay in the post is an insult to the Scottish public.

As my old mother would say: It is a disgrace.

As my old father would say: Are you surprised?

Edited by Uilleam

If McClair didn't have the required "diplomacy, tact, and interpersonal skills" to make the case in Club Boardrooms up and down the country then it is difficult to see where Mackay would be an improvement.

I recall that his father Malky Snr and another QP legend Eddie Hunter used to paint the dressing room air blue when they were running the reserves in the late 70's/early 80's, so it's not a big surprise how young Malky turned out.

It's a totally shocking appointment; the SFA need to think again.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The position itself is pointless anyway, what good exactly did McClair do other than probably a few good presentations in the warmth of a nice Hampden office. The game needs overhauled from top to bottom with more footballing people involved, and it means restructuring the top flight and less divisions, perhaps summer football so the fans see better quality and the players can improve on better pitches and conditions - also the clubs will bee up and running domestically so are in better shape for Euro qualification.

When McKay was a manager I thought he was actually decent and didn't do to bad a job.

The position itself is pointless anyway, what good exactly did McClair do other than probably a few good presentations in the warmth of a nice Hampden office. The game needs overhauled from top to bottom with more footballing people involved, and it means restructuring the top flight and less divisions, perhaps summer football so the fans see better quality and the players can improve on better pitches and conditions - also the clubs will bee up and running domestically so are in better shape for Euro qualification.

When McKay was a manager I thought he was actually decent and didn't do to bad a job.

I only became a fan of summer football after moving to Sweden, so I'm aware this could be seen as hypocritical, but really, summer football is the only way to go and the traditionalists (as I was not too long ago) will just have to suck it up. Look at what it did to the Irish League - it is no coincidence they still have a team in Europe in December.

I only became a fan of summer football after moving to Sweden, so I'm aware this could be seen as hypocritical, but really, summer football is the only way to go and the traditionalists (as I was not too long ago) will just have to suck it up. Look at what it did to the Irish League - it is no coincidence they still have a team in Europe in December.

Summer football seems the way forward.

It would help Aberdeen's lighting problems.

After Brexit nobody will be holidaying abroad, or holidaying at all, for that matter.

Shopping malls are warm and welcoming (well, perhaps not the latter) in winter months.

A better TV deal might be possible (no competition from other leagues).

All this before we consider pitches, training pitches, and training generally; warm weather training at Maidens, say, rather than the Algarve.

That's McKay's job spec sorted, then.

Edited by Uilleam

Thing is though, the SFA are terrified, and I mean terrified, of lateral thinking.

When the CEO, or whatever he is, seems to be no more than a useful idiot for particular interests..........any kind of rational analysis, or application of thought is a pipe dream.