The Billy Boys

Guest Bluetooth

The question is though, why anyone needs to use the word ****** when a multitude of other words which could have been more disparaging but less likely to be banned.

The word is contentious, but we could have easily switched to another to keep out of trouble. Why are so many obsessed with that one word?

The same goes for the RHS, why not do a British military salute instead?

Is it not intelligent to try to avoid being misconstrued and then labelled bigots or Nazis?

Surely giving up the word "******" and the RHS is not the hardest thing in the world? After all we're supposed to be "football supporters".

The question is though, why anyone needs to use the word ****** when a multitude of other words which could have been more disparaging but less likely to be banned.

The word is contentious, but we could have easily switched to another to keep out of trouble. Why are so many obsessed with that one word?

Is it not intelligent to try to avoid being misconstrued and then labelled bigots or Nazis?

Surely giving up the word "******" and the RHS is not the hardest thing in the world? After all we're supposed to be "football supporters".

Agreed, i'm not saying we should use the word, i don't, but it's so fucking annoying when people complain about something that they find offensive, what makes them the judge, what happened to the old saying, stick and stones, political crap is what this is with no defence of any contential issues, there's always two sides to a story but right now there's only one side being fought

The word is contentious, but we could have easily switched to another to keep out of trouble. Why are so many obsessed with that one word?".

But is THIS word, the only word that is considered 'offensive'? Why isn't HUN or Orange Bastard on the same agenda? I think it is more about who is actuyally being 'offended' rather than the word, or the origin of the word.

In fact, the MOPES have gone into overdrive and are claiming the word TIM is now offensive. Yip, that is a word that they use to describe themselves. I wonder if the MOPES will rampage thro the Gallowgate smashing up all the TIM related pubs, clubs and shops with TIM in their names?

Is it not intelligent to try to avoid being misconstrued and then labelled bigots or Nazis?".

This is more clear cut, it is indefensible

No there are not and they should be 'given up', but they shouldn't be the only things highlighted and reacted on by a clearly one-sided and biased media and political base here in Scotland

Cammy F

I agree with you Cammy but it still all comes back to keeping your own house in order.

There IS a one-sided agenda here - but if we had our own house in order then it would be ever more difficult for that agenda to gain ground, IMO.

I agree with you Cammy but it still all comes back to keeping your own house in order.

There IS a one-sided agenda here - but if we had our own house in order then it would be ever more difficult for that agenda to gain ground, IMO.

But we can't get our own house in order until someone defines what is sectarian, political or offensive.

That can not be defined, as it is now, by a set of fans, media whores and poltical wankers who are offended by ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we do, say or stand for.

Cammy F

But we can't get our own house in order until someone defines what is sectarian, political or offensive.

That can not be defined, as it is now, by a set of fans, media whores and poltical wankers who are offended by ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we do, say or stand for.

Cammy F

As I said in another post - the RST are TRYING to combat the first part of your post by having their summer conference.

The club should have had the foresight to do it, not the RST - but that is a whole other matter.

I also think it is a poor excuse to say that we can't get our own house in order because of others - FFS Cammy, you saw the youtube video - that is an element of getting your own house in order - and we failed miserably.

If our support can't get it right when they have been TOLD what NOT to sing then what chance do they have with the rest of the offensive stuff ?

Ohhh, and as of now, the other "offensive" stuff has not been determined to be sectarian, so had our fans sang that stuff, or waves their UF's etc in Pamplona then it may have offended some people but it wouldn't get us potentially banned from Europe.

I am not defending the effteepee chants, but who, currently working for Osasuna knew what song to play and when exactly to turn the music down to hear us sing the 'offensive' words?

Yes we have to learn to box clever (or get ourt house in order) but we need leadership, we need defending against over the top complaints, we need equality from UEFA - we are currently getting none of the above.

Cammy F

I am not defending the effteepee chants, but who, currently working for Osasuna knew what song to play and when exactly to turn the music down to hear us sing the 'offensive' words?

Yes we have to learn to box clever (or get ourt house in order) but we need leadership, we need defending against over the top complaints, we need equality from UEFA - we are currently getting none of the above.

Cammy F

We need a PR company that can see the common sense in all of this.

Our club are in Spain where the announcement system is under the control of the local club (I can't see them allowing anyone Rangers connected from controlling that in their own stadium) and yet a song which no doubt will be used and abused by our support comes on that said announcement system.

Coincidence ? Of course not !! Conspiracy ? Quite probably.

But we need the club to not only denounce the fans who abused the song but also to question the sense in having that song played over an announcement system not controlled by us !