The Billy Boys

Guest Bluetooth

Why would you want to 40,000 flutes played, why not 40,000 recorders? Guitars?

There is nothing wrong with the flute but choosing it in this context even in jest shows just how far we still have to go.

The joking needs to stop as it just encourages our main enemies (Bigoted Rangers "fans"). We need to get serious and show that our support is worthy of our great club. Let's stamp out the bigotry instead of just joking about it.

If you want to be a Billy Boy make sure it's Billy Struth you want to emulate.

Cal it was just off the cuff humour from me. Yes i could have mentioned guitars and recorders but if i have look at everything three dimensionally before i write anything, because i am worrying about standing on someone's toes then it is time to throw in the towel. To me the whole proddy, king Billy,Billy boys, is a fact of history, but in 2007 a load of Bullshit only to be laughed at.(not the historical aspect) Yes the bigotry has to be stamped out but the day we lose our sense of humour is a sad day.

Too many so called supporters, hate Catholics or Celtic more than they love Rangers. They would rather shout *** or sing the Billy boys, other than, "come on the Gers". They are not Rangers supporters they are Celtic haters.

I wish everyone would look in the mirror and ask, am i a Rangers supporter or a Celtic hater because they do not need to walk hand in hand as many think.

Personally i have no room in my heart to hate Celtic,i love Rangers too much.

So now i am off to the karaoke to sing Engelbert Humperdinks song, give me ten flutes.:eek: :eek: Sorry Guitars.;)

Aye, i wondered where Calscot had re-appeared from!

A man who speaks a lot of sense and whose posts i find myself nodding along to :)

:eek:

I didn't picture you being like that, nodding in front of someone's post.;):D

Aye, i wondered where Calscot had re-appeared from!

A man who speaks a lot of sense and whose posts i find myself nodding along to :)

The man of reason!!!

Most probably find themselves nodding off to his posts with the length of them ;):D - Joking Cal, pleasure to have you back.

Playing Devils Advocate here, but is singing 'up to our knees in fe*** blood' any more offensive than the lines used by say Dundee (arabs blood), Killie (Ayr blood), Ayr (Killie blood), Hearts (Hibee blood) etc?

The debate surrounding 'fe***' is clouded - I have no doubt that many 'well informed' Rangers fans would be able to correctly describe what a fe*** is, but and this is crucial in the whole argument, there is no denying that it is now a derogatroy reference for 'Craptic Fan'.

But again, the examples above and the widely used offensive term HUN shows that this whole debate is very one-sided.

Cammy F

My understanding of the word F****n is certainly not sectarian nor biggoted,look the word up in the dictionary!!, so to sing up to your knees in F****n blood is not bigoted or sectarian, the bottom line is this country is fucked, we're not allowed to fart incase it offends someone........PISH