Mark Warburton lands US kid skipper Emerson Hyndman

This guy is 20 years old, I hope he can improve the team immediately or what is the point?, why not give Burt or Jordan Thomson a run?

His passing is woeful in that film. I hope it was one of his poorer games. A Windass lookalike but Windass looks better.

GERS CLOSE IN ON DOUBLE SWOOP Bournemouth kid Emerson Hyndman jets in to complete Rangers switch… with Arsenal ace Jon Toral to follow

The USA Under-20 captain has arrived in Glasgow to undergo a medical before officially sealing his loan move to Ibrox

EMERSON HYNDMAN*will become Mark Warburton’s first January signing after jetting into Glasgow to complete his loan move.

We told on Wednesday how*Toral’s current loan club Granada expected him to be at Ibrox by*Sunday. The 21-year-old was stuck on the bench as the La Liga side were battered 5-0 by Real Madrid last night. It is expected both players will make their Gers debuts in Germany, in the friendly against Red Bull Leipzig on January 15. The news will come as a huge boost to boss Warburton who has faced a midfield crisis this season.

And now the USA Under-20 captain has arrived in Scotland to undergo a medical before officially sealing the move.Hyndman has been limited to EFL Cup games this season under Eddie Howe after suffering an injury that limited his pre-season.

But the highly-rated 20-year-old is set to be part of Warburton’s squad, six months after leaving Fulham for Bournemouth.Arsenal midfielder Jon Toral is also expected to arrive on Monday as Gers hope to conclude a double swoop.

We told on Wednesday how*Toral’s current loan club Granada expected him to be at Ibrox by*Sunday.

The 21-year-old was stuck on the bench as the La Liga side were battered 5-0 by Real Madrid last night.It is expected both players will make their Gers debuts in Germany, in the friendly against Red Bull Leipzig on January 15.

The news will come as a huge boost to boss Warburton who has faced a midfield crisis this season.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/403318/bournemouth-kid-emerson-hyndman-jets-in-to-complete-rangers-switch-with-arsenal-ace-jon-toral-expected-to-follow/

Edited by ian1964

HE IS PHENOMENAL Rangers have landed the new ANDREA PIRLO in Bournemouth kid Emerson Hyndman says Felix Magath

The*legendary German coach has tipped the USA Under-20s captain for big things with Gers*set to clinch his loan signing

RANGERS have landed the new Andrea Pirlo if they complete the loan signing of Emerson Hyndman, according to legendary German boss Felix Magath.

The 20-year-old looks set to become Mark Warburton’s first January signing after arriving in Glasgow today to clinch his loan move from Bournemouth.

The midfielder comes with quite some pedigree after being lauded by former Bayern Munich boss Magath and ex-USA manager Jurgen Klinsmann.

And Magath, who had Hyndman on his books during his spell as manager of Fulham in 2014, was full of praise for the youngster.

He said: “I have never seen a player of his age play like he does – he passes like an old professional.

“I’m sure he will be a good player. His role could be similar to the one that Andrea Pirlo plays, responsible for the forward play of the team from deep.”

And former Spurs and Germany ace Klinsmann was also hugely impressed with Hyndman, after he handed him his full international debut three years ago in a friendly against Czech Republic.

He insisted: “Emerson is phenomenal. This kid came to our first game after the World Cup, and in our first training session he played like he was always with us.“At that time he was barely 18. I said to my coach: ‘Are you seeing what I’m seeing?’ Everyone was like ‘woah.’”

And Hyndman himself, who was strongly linked with a summer move to Celtic when his contract at Craven Cottage expired, revealed why he chose to snub the Hoops and join Eddie Howe’s side.

He said: “There were a few clubs in the mix and stuff, but the manager here really explained what he wanted to do, both with Bournemouth and with me.

“He’s developed players from the lower leagues to the Premier League, which is a huge achievement, so I knew he was well respected for that.“Eddie Howe has an agenda and he’s looking forward to developing players right now, and I want to be a part of that.

“My first meeting with the manager was just a casual meeting and it was actually very brief. There was nothing too detailed – just his plans for me and for the team.“You can obviously tell he’s an intelligent guy and he’s really passionate about working with players and getting to know them.

“He said he knows what I can and can’t do, and what I need to do to get better. To hear a coach say that, shows that he really cares about what he’s doing, and about the players as well.”

And Hyndman is aiming to toughen up…something that will surely be provided in the Scottish Premiership.He explained: “I’m just working to improve every day on everything I can, whether it’s on the pitch like receiving a ball or off the pitch in getting bigger. I’m fine height-wise, but obviously I could bulk up a little bit.“I’m working hard on that and the more I’m in the gym, the more I’m going to be set up.

“It’s a different challenge really because I was always small for my age when I was younger, so I never thought about it. I’ve played with bigger guys all my life.“But over the years, you realise that if you add another part to your game – whether it’s physical or your first touch – it can take you to a new level.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/404035/rangers-have-landed-the-new-andrea-pirlo-in-bournemouth-kid-emerson-hyndman-says-felix-magath/

Exactly as I see it. This is a transition year and it's going to take that period to get the off field stuff sorted or at least understood exactly where we stand and at that point we can assess more realistically how far DK can take this.

Putting the sheep and hearts in their place would be excellent for this year. A cup win would be a bonus and if MW can get players who can achieve either of those it would be an achievement for year 1 of our return. That would keep interest up for season ticket renewals for next year which will be vital.

The priority I see is finding that last third formula and personnel who can put the ball in the net. Right now if we concede one goal we are in trouble even against poor teams and the style we play will mean we are likely to leak goals.

Edited by Walterbear

RANGERS can today confirm the signing of Emerson Hyndman from AFC Bournemouth until the end of the season.

The USA international joins the Gers from the Premier League outfit for the remainder of the season after signing permanently for Eddie Howe’s side in the summer.

The 20-year-old has made three appearances for the Cherries this season, most recently in the weekend’s FA Cup tie against Milwall. His other appearances came in two EFL Cup games.

Emerson joined the south coast side in the summer after his contract at Fulham expired. Despite numerous offers he elected to join up with Howe due to his playing philosophy.

Speaking at the time Emerson said: “There were a few clubs in the mix and stuff, but the manager here really explained what he wanted to do, both with Bournemouth and with me. He’s developed players from the lower leagues to the Premier League, which is a huge achievement, so I knew he was well respected for that.”

The Texan born midfielder signed for Fulham aged 15 in 2011 and eventually went on to sign a professional deal at the age of 17. He was an ever present as the London club made their way to the FA Youth Cup final in the 2013/14 season.

Three months after turning professional, Hyndman impressed enough to earn an improved deal with the club. He went on to make his first team debut at the age of 18 in the Championship, standing out with his sublime range of passing and comfort on the ball despite his tender age. He continued his development in the Cottagers first-team, clocking up 17 appearances last season.

His international career started in 2012, when he turned out for the USA under-17s side. Just two years later, after three appearances for Fulham, he was called up to the senior squad and made his debut against the Czech Republic.

To further aid his progression, in 2015 Hyndman was involved in the Under-20 FIFA World Cup and captained the United States side in New Zealand. He continued to catch the eye in the tournament, where the Americans lost on penalties in the quarter finals.

In May, Jurgen Klinsmann handed him his third cap for the USA first team, coming on in a 3-1 friendly win against Puerto Rico.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/hyndman-joins-gers/