Had to copy this...

Saw a thread on another site about obscure former players of ours and I decided to copy.

Here are a few

Lindsay Hamilton (Never got a game)

Jimmy Phillips

John Morrow

Stephen Watson

David MacFarlane

Andy Kennedy

Bonni Ginzburgh ... though he played the odd game.

... but there are so many folks out there. BTW, we should actually compile a list of players who stayed, came to us and helped us through our worst spell in history from 2012 onwards. we may not have liked them, deemed them horrific and whatnot, but every one did their little bit on that rocky way.

Bonni Ginzburgh ... though he played the odd game.

... but there are so many folks out there. BTW, we should actually compile a list of players who stayed, came to us and helped us through our worst spell in history from 2012 onwards. we may not have liked them, deemed them horrific and whatnot, but every one did their little bit on that rocky way.

Here it is dB.

http://www.gersjourney.co.uk

Well worth the £20.

By the way, admin should rename this thread to "Name a couple of Rangers players". ?

Andy Kennedy went out with my cousin for a while, he looked like he might have a big future at one time, his first goal for Rangers was a cracker. He came through at the same time as Dave Macpherson and Hugh Burns just before Durrant and Derek Ferguson. Billy Davies was another around that time, he was very highly rated but got injured and released.

John Morrow was a sad one, I remember seeing him play for us at McDiarmid Park a long time ago and he looked like he was going to be a superb player. Didn't he pick up a really bad injury?

Chris Vinniecombe, Davie Kirkwood, Brian Reid, big things were expected of all of them at one time.

Andy Kennedy went out with my cousin for a while, he looked like he might have a big future at one time, his first goal for Rangers was a cracker. He came through at the same time as Dave Macpherson and Hugh Burns just before Durrant and Derek Ferguson. Billy Davies was another around that time, he was very highly rated but got injured and released.

John Morrow was a sad one, I remember seeing him play for us at McDiarmid Park a long time ago and he looked like he was going to be a superb player. Didn't he pick up a really bad injury?

Chris Vinniecombe, Davie Kirkwood, Brian Reid, big things were expected of all of them at one time.

John Morrow was being touted as the 'next George Best' at one stage, but just never kicked on. I didn't know if it was a serious injury or just a young lad losing his way? Speaking of the Journey, I saw that Robbie Crawford has signed for East Kilbride. If memory serves, Big Jig thought that Robbie was the best of the youngsters at that time. I never felt that he was at the standard required by Rangers, but still surprised that he hasn't found a professional league club.

John Morrow was being touted as the 'next George Best' at one stage, but just never kicked on. I didn't know if it was a serious injury or just a young lad losing his way? Speaking of the Journey, I saw that Robbie Crawford has signed for East Kilbride. If memory serves, Big Jig thought that Robbie was the best of the youngsters at that time. I never felt that he was at the standard required by Rangers, but still surprised that he hasn't found a professional league club.

He was injured but how serious it was I can't recall.

I remember reading an article a few years back about the highest rated kids coming through in Scotland and Crawford and Jason Holt were two tipped for the very top. But then football is littered with kids who were world beaters at 15 and playing Junior by 21.