Been thinking about our injury situation this morning.....

Last season, we had very few injuries with guys like Tav, Wallace & Wes playing in all 50 games, with several other players on 40+ appearances.

This season, it appears that injuries are more common with players out for longer, yet the Championship & below are said to physically harder leagues.

Any thoughts on the reasons behind the increase in injuries???

Been thinking about our injury situation this morning.....

Last season, we had very few injuries with guys like Tav, Wallace & Wes playing in all 50 games, with several other players on 40+ appearances.

This season, it appears that injuries are more common with players out for longer, yet the Championship & below are said to physically harder leagues.

Any thoughts on the reasons behind the increase in injuries???

Although the championship was physical, as in tackling, I think the higher intensity of the top league is far more demanding on the body!,I'm guessing!

I think at least part of the problem has been luck. The other element has been our signings coming in injured, or picking up injuries fairly quickly. There may be more sports science type reasons to do with loading, but I'm not particularly versed on that, although it is something the manager has referred to on occassion so am sure its something that is monitored.

Rossiter Niko Garner Wallace off the top of my head and for a good part of the season Waghorn,Crooks and Wilson that's a lot of first picks that have been missing for a sizeable chunk of the season.

Windass was out for a while but he is more out than in. Waghorn is also a question mark as he missed a huge chunk of last season as well. Crooks, enough said. Wilson and Garner are injuries that can happen any time to anyone. As someone said, luck also plays a huge roll.

Previously on here, a high incidence of injuries has been blamed on the training methods... :ninja:

There is something with Rangers and injuries though. As soon as someone looks like a player for us, they do their cruciate. Sadly Super_Ally is no longer of this parish to enlighten us.