McLeish at Ibrox

I don't understand the need to get a quick fix manager until the end of the season. If it is FdB then get him in place. If he does not want to take over now then he is not the man for the job. If we are waiting for someone in a job then that is a different story.

I don't understand the need to get a quick fix manager until the end of the season. If it is FdB then get him in place. If he does not want to take over now then he is not the man for the job. If we are waiting for someone in a job then that is a different story.

We need someone in place straight away - whether that is temporary or full time. Nobody knows if Murty could do it for a few months but I think maybe would have a bit of confidence of a McLeish type coming in to get a response from the team and get a few good wins to finish second.

FdB has said he is having a break - his first since he started playing football, that's fair enough. I see your point that if he wants it then get him in straight away but I also see his point that he would like to start afresh in the summer with pre-season.

We need someone in place straight away - whether that is temporary or full time. Nobody knows if Murty could do it for a few months but I think maybe would have a bit of confidence of a McLeish type coming in to get a response from the team and get a few good wins to finish second.

FdB has said he is having a break - his first since he started playing football, that's fair enough. I see your point that if he wants it then get him in straight away but I also see his point that he would like to start afresh in the summer with pre-season.

I take it Inter are still paying FdB's wages or have paid him for a large part of his contract, so I suppose he does not need the money. He didn't seem to need a break when he took over Inter and was only there for a few weeks. He is not the greatest manager in the world so we should move on to someone who wants the job.

I genuinely do not see the point of referring to what McLeish did at Rangers 13/14 years ago as barometer for what he could bring to us now. That's a lifetime ago and tbh you may as well as say that John Greig is in the running as he beat Juventus and PSV in the European cup nearly 40 years ago. McLeish is not the answer whether it's short term or long term IMO.

It needs to be remembered too that towards the ends of his time as Rangers manager severe financial cutbacks were being made which impacted his ability to do the job

He was given plenty money to finish above a team of Lithuanian loanees and to not go months without winning a single game. We were still spending way more cash than we should have been during his era.

I would have thought the fact he's been repeatedly sacked since leaving us would make the penny finally drop. He's like McCoist: he just isn't a manager.

Mark Warburton has been a disaster this season, but as I said before he was sacked, if the alternative is someone like McLeish then we'd be better off just keeping him. Could you honestly imagine McLeish taking Brentford to the Premier League playoffs? He'd have relegated them.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy