The Rangers Board – a lack of 2020 vision?

There is next to no difference for us what position we end up in regards europe , mainly down to our lowly coeficient points , it will hardly make any difference .

Another small point re Barton and how rubbish he was , he was man of the match v Chelsea in only his second outing back for Burnley

I did say the Barton signing failed because of his personality as opposed to actual performance. We don't know what happened but I think Barton will feel he was proven correct.

In terms of numbers, it slightly depends on who the the five or six players are. Could players like Halliday, Holt, Wilson, Waghorn, Tav, WIndass etc not be useful players if they have some genuine class and experience alongside them?

I think there's two arguments here.

We give up on the vast majority (including those you mention) and start from scratch or we go down the route of the summer and try to bring in three or four 'big' signings to get the best out of those we know can play well.

The latter sounds the best route but we tried that to a (smaller) extent in the summer and, for one reason, or another it didn't work. It's a tricky conundrum but I'd do it again but be a bit cleverer about who we bring in.

As I was telling Warburton for the last 18 months, we need to start at the back, and in my opinion we will need a whole new back line.

I don't disagree but our goals for column is laughable as well.

There is next to no difference for us what position we end up in regards europe , mainly down to our lowly coeficient points , it will hardly make any difference .

Another small point re Barton and how rubbish he was , he was man of the match v Chelsea in only his second outing back for Burnley

Was also man of the match in their Cup game too..... the things that make you go "hmmmm".

I think we have to aim high and with the right manager (and signings) could do it.

The problem here is that we wont be able to sign anyone before we could possibly be beaten in the early rounds as they start in June and the window doesn't open till July

The problem here is that we wont be able to sign anyone before we could possibly be beaten in the early rounds as they start in June and the window doesn't open till July
"

Yes we are stuck with the present squad who don't look as if they could beat the minnows from "Somewherestan" at the moment :(

"

Yes we are stuck with the present squad who don't look as if they could beat the minnows from "Somewherestan" at the moment :(

I actually think the current squad have a good level of skill....it's just that MW wasn't getting the most out of them on a consistent basis. They have shown, on occasion, that they can play really well.