Billy McNeill has dementia

See the papers and social media are all over this "story". First of all its a horible illness for anyone to have and its just as bad for those around the sufferer.

But I thought it was common knowleged that Bill McNeill was suffering from demetia and had been for years? He sat just along from me at this seasons LC semi-final. I did wonder why he was there as he was obviously not with it.

Reading his story reminds me of my cousin ,I wish him and his family well .

I have it sorted with my family that if I ever come down with that terrible disease they just leave me alone with a 40 ouncer and a large bottle of tablets.

My relative took 10 years to go. You wouldn't let a dog suffer like that.

I have a pal I go drinking with.He's from Yorkshire as well,came to live up here 20+ years ago. We get on really well.

Two or three month ago he was diagnosed with dimentia. In June 2014 I was diagnosed with lung cancer and C.O.P.D.

I had radiotherapy at Edinburgh Western and at the moment things are going quite well apart from the C.O.P.D for which there is no cure.

We have got to the stage where we joke about our situation.What's the point in rolling over and worrying about it.

I go to the bar and when I get there I'm Puffing and panting,when my mate goes he's to come back and ask what it was I wanted

We're both nearly 70,we've had a good innings,why worry about it.