Last 5 Rangers Managers

Isn't it a bit of a myth regarding that "damage control" post Le Guen and that the chap was a failure thereafter?

Paul Le Guen (May 2006 - Jan 2007) P31 W16 D8 L7 Trophies 0

It took 7 defeats and as many draws plus a boycott by some "big players" to end a Rangers manager's reign. When is European record was immaculate (which is what quite a few Bears craved back then). Afterwards, well Oman did not stick out (probably a well-paid job, rather than a big one), but he did quite well for Cameroon, won the league cup with PSG and is now the national coach of Nigeria, ranked 41st in the world but a big name in African football.

Not over-evaluating him, but putting some objective against the constant anti - Le Guen talk.

I've got another link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3698505/Paul-Le-Guen-turns-offer-new-Nigeria-coach-did-not-want-country.html

I can't find any evidence of him managing Nigeria but google brings back reports from the 19th and 20th. Reporting that he was appointed and then it fell through.

Can anybody else help us get to the objective truth?

Anyway I only looked in here to confirm my suspicion that the usual suspects would be doing the following two things:

1. Downplaying how bad some previous managers were.

2. Exaggerating how bad some previous managers were.

It was as I suspected.

Unless you need someone to stop martin oneil winning 5 in a row

Or someone to lose to Viktoria Zizkov, finish third in a two team league, sign endless awful players, get our worst run of old firm defeats, record games domestically without a win, zzzzzzzzzz.

At least with Pedro I have a 10% hope of success. With Big Eck it would be 0%.

I've got another link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3698505/Paul-Le-Guen-turns-offer-new-Nigeria-coach-did-not-want-country.html

I can't find any evidence of him managing Nigeria but google brings back reports from the 19th and 20th. Reporting that he was appointed and then it fell through.

Can anybody else help us get to the objective truth?

PLG has never managed Nigeria.

Or someone to lose to Viktoria Zizkov, finish third in a two team league, sign endless awful players, get our worst run of old firm defeats, record games domestically without a win, zzzzzzzzzz.

At least with Pedro I have a 10% hope of success. With Big Eck it would be 0%.

Up and down as any impartial observer would admit.