Why Rangers should close the gap without spending heavily

I'm not trolling. We're 8 points behind Aberdeen and 33 behind Celtic.

That can also have been the managers fault. If you only have super-negative things to say without any positive things and liking players to monkeys then you are trolling.

That can also have been the managers fault.

Correct, it was.

If you only have super-negative things to say without any positive things and liking players to monkeys then you are trolling.

I'm sorry, what are the positives? We're 33 points behind Celtic. I really have nothing more to add.

Although he's not the only guilty party, had Garner shown any hint of a speck of the ability to hit a coo's erse with a canoe paddle, we would not be in our current position, IMHO.

Have to agree. I dont like having a go at individuals (unless it was Boyd in past years :P ) but the games ive seen Garner he doesnt look like a goalscorer at all. He plays with his back to goal which means he always going to need link up play unless all of a sudden he gets Michael Mols ability and can turn a man as if he isnt there.

I watched the 1987 League cup final after the Cooper thread and Super Ally played with his back to goal in winning the free kick for Coopers hit, and he laid it off for Durrants second - but it shows Ally in his younger days was a class act. Garner just doesnt cut the mustard for me.

Correct, it was.

I'm sorry, what are the positives? We're 33 points behind Celtic. I really have nothing more to add.

Positives.

I said last season Foderinham was no Goalkeeper. He has proved me wrong and is having a good season.

2 seasons ago we would have released Barry McKay now we are talking about a hefty transfer fee.

People said we would not finish in the top six. We have virtually sealed at least 3rd in our first season.

Our board realised that the manager was lacking at this level and stepped into change things.

I see positives in Tavernier.

Judging on our playing style against Hamilton just maybe we have found a manager that can take us further.

We are becoming financially stable.

i am sure others see more positives.

Positives.

I said last season Foderinham was no Goalkeeper. He has proved me wrong and is having a good season.

I don't visit our forums much anymore but one moment he's Thibaut Courtois and the next he's a donkey. Personally, I think he's an average keeper who isn't worth very much in the grand scheme of things. Given the illustrious line of fine keepers we have had in modern times, I don't think he's much to write home about.

2 seasons ago we would have released Barry McKay now we are talking about a hefty transfer fee.

Define hefty? He's a very decent player but we're not going to get a big fee for him any time soon.

People said we would not finish in the top six. We have virtually sealed at least 3rd in our first season.

Who on earth said we wouldn't finish in the top 6? A sea of tims? Gerry McNee? Finishing anything below second is hilariously pathetic. We're RANGERS ffs! We're spending far more than everyone else, Celtic apart.

Our board realised that the manager was lacking at this level and stepped into change things.

This is a positive? The manager the board appointed failed and they got rid of him when we were already third in a two team league?

I see positives in Tavernier.

You do?

Judging on our playing style against Hamilton just maybe we have found a manager that can take us further.

He's had one game. He's a bizarre appointment with no track record in European football, but let's hope for the best on this one.

We are becoming financially stable.

I would hope so too. It's of limited worth when we're third in the league and 33 points behind the tims though.

i am sure others see more positives.

They're welcome to contribute.

See Barristan Selmy: You said you don't visit the forums much. May I suggest that you do, because somewhere along the line you've built up a level of negativity that's unhealthy and it would be good for you to spend some time among friends that can help.

There's no doubt we have underperformed. Off the pitch, our troubles have resulted in us operating in a different financial league to :them: and it'll take some time before that's properly addressed but I'm sure you can see we are on a road to recovery. If you don't, arrange to come back for another session to the forums and I'll be happy to help you see the light. On the field, our playing squad is underperforming. That's partly down to the lack of funds to invest in players, but also because the previous manager could not find a way to get the best out of what we've got.

You mentioned the long line of illustrious keepers, and when I read that I instantly recall the likes of Goram, Klos, Woods, etc. The problem is that we are not in that position any more. We were once in a position where we could compete with the richest clubs in the world for the best talent but we're not now, and my diagnosis of your negativity tells me that this is the root cause. You're living in the past, but a large dose of reality each day will help and if you come back here for at least 3 days a week I (and perhaps others) will be happy to administer it.

We are Rangers, but our club has changed and so has the footballing world around us. It's either a time to throw in the towel or be excited at the prospect of rebuilding something exciting. Try it.

33 points is misleading. Although we are certainly under-performing, they are having an exceptional season. Walter Smiths (2nd spell) best points tally was 93 points, but included 3 draws and 5 defeats. They would need to lose 5 and draw 1 in their remaining 9 games to come up short of that.