Rangers agree deal to sell Billy Gilmour to Chelsea: The fee could reach £600,000

I have no doubt my source is well connected to the family, on his mobile he showed me umpteen pics of Billy and messages from the laddies dad.

He told me the issue was particularly concerning as the advice from his mentor to forget about schooling (and yes he is a first team member and a senior on at that) was unsettling the kid and compromising his academic results.

Now guys I'm only reporting what I've been told , I have no axe to grind either way in this debate, and there is always 2 sides to every tale. and it could very well be the case that his family are making something out of a throwaway remark or even Billy is just deflecting from disappointing exam results.

Personally I have no doubt that our club have given him the best opportunity to develop and coaching possible and hope he goes on to fulfil his potential.

With it being a senior first team member that now makes much more sense. What surprises me though is that Billy's parents wouldn't have went straight to Mulholland and spoken to him about it. Craig Mulholland is a huge believer in not just the footballer but the person and academics are important to him (as I said in an earlier post about partnering with a local school). A quick discussion with Mulholland and it would have been nipped in the bud.

The senior 1st team member should be ashamed of himself for suggesting the lad only concentrate on his football. It wasn't Miller was it ? Because you see a lot of pictures of Gilmour beside Miller. Footballers train for a maximum of 4 hours a day - the lad is 15 and has plenty more hours in the day to concentrate on his studies - both should go hand in hand.

Disappointing that the lad has had some poor exam results, hopefully he can regain his academic focus and improve his academia - but, to be fair, it must be very, very hard for him to do that when his Scotland U16 coach has said "Gilmour could play for Rangers by the time he is 16" and that footballing emphasis is followed up with not just supposed interest from Chelsea but an actual bid which has been accepted by Rangers. Must be very difficult to focus on school when you are being chased by a host of top flight professional clubs.

That rings a bell...

The estate on the hill above Dumbreck Road facing onto Haggs Castle GC was Lawrence built . My dad worked on it and would tell us that every single time we drove past it on our way to Ibrox.

The estate on the hill above Dumbreck Road facing onto Haggs Castle GC was Lawrence built . My dad worked on it and would tell us that every single time we drove past it on our way to Ibrox.

When we courted Jim McClean part of his deal was a house built by Lawrence ,wish he would have came .