Aberdeen 0 - 3 Rangers (Miller 79, 81; Dodoo 83)

Next week is a different kind of challenge and it will be interesting to see how he sets up for it. I'm glad he was in the stand at the last encounter which gave him a good first hand look at how they will set up against us which will likely be pretty much same again. If he can pull this off with some masterful strategy he will be well on the way to being fully accepted by even the most vociferous of doubters.

And if he doesn't pull it off i'm not going to be one of those who claim it as evidence he's not up to the job. I'm obviously looking for a win and feel we can get it but if we don't get it in a match against a side that's been massively outspending us I wont turn around and say it's the managers fault.

I am totally of the opinion that Warburton fell because of his stubbornness to stick to one system. I wrote a piece that a robot is programmed to make the same movements time and time again. It only takes the smallest piece of resistance to knock a Robot off it's programmed movement. That is exactly what happened time and time again with Warburton's Rangers. When plan A failed they had no idea what to do and just kept repeating the same movements. His team reminds me of an LP with a scratch on it. When it hit the scratch it gets stuck and just repeating the same thing time and time again without any forward movement.

We have been presented with an opportunity to end this often disappointing season on a real high that could eclipse all the bleak moments that have come before it starting from day one when we had the anti climax of the draw at home with Hamilton.

If we can take the unmentionables twice in just 6 days knocking them out of the Scottish cup to end any treble dreams and an unbeaten league season it would almost make all the disappointments that came before worthwhile. And given all that has come before perhaps we're now in a better position than at any other time this term to pull off a grandstand finish to the season.

We suddenly seem to have discovered how to rack up a few clean sheets and at the same time find the way to goal and with Pedro proving to be somewhat unpredictable the opposition can't set up for a match knowing that nothing about our approach will change over the 90 minutes. If we could pull off this grandstand finish with the above scenario and another slaughter of the sheep thrown in I will consider it a good season.

A very good season considering that even in just the first quarter many nay sayers even among our own ranks were predicting a top 6 finish at best though I was never among them even in the darkest times. And if Ross County can make them toil as they did I have no doubt we can too. County had just 34% of the possession yet still almost matched them for shots on target with 5 to their 6 and also forced 4 corners to their 2.

We're the best team they have faced in this league and we appear to have come good with a new manager at just the right time. We can do it.