Aberdeen 0 - 3 Rangers (Miller 79, 81; Dodoo 83)

Pete we could go back to the tippy tappy passing game,playing in triangles while waiting for MW to shout "EURAKA" I've found a plan "B".

At least now we are playing with heart again,it may not be pretty,it may be scary.but it puts us back on the edge of our seats.

I can't argue with that but I am not sure it is a good thing.

KEEP ON FIGHTING Pedro Caixinha warns Rangers stars: Don’t get carried away with Aberdeen rout or you’ll be AXED against Celtic

Gers*clinched a crucial win to close the gap on second-placed Aberdeen to nine points with six games left to play

PEDRO CAIXINHA warned his players they’ll be AXED for the Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic if they get carried away by routing Aberdeen.

The Portuguese coach said: “I think the team understood perfectly well the opponent we were facing today.

“Our focus is always on the next match and for sure I’ll now have the time to look at our next opponent next Saturday and prepare.“It’s always better to build when you have wins behind you. That’s what we’re going to do.

“But we’re NOT going to reduce the pace of the demand. We’re NOT going to reduce the focus on the demand. We’re NOT going to reduce the passion of winning.“We need to keep going like this because this is the only way I know – and it’s the only way this club we’re serving demands.“We still have one game before the semi-final.

“It would be a great mistake from myself to prepare for a game two weeks in advance when we have another game in the middle.“I will send a message to our players – ‘If some of them think they can slow down on Saturday they will not be playing at Hampden.“It is that clear.”

Garner was booked after two minutes after a clash with Ryan Jack and was later involved in an incident with Joe Lewis. He was then replaced by Joe Dodoo.

Caixinha said: “I’m not a referee, I’m not a referee. I know I’ve got one player with a broken nose in my dressing room and I’m not telling you anything about it.”

Asked if he was worried Garner would be dismissed, he said: “I don’t think like that.”

It was Gers defender Danny Wilson who suffered the fracture but he’ll be available to face the Jags.

Caixinha, meanwhile, stated keeper Wes Foderingham had just as much reason for a contract extension as goalscorer Kenny Miller – after a blinding save from Adam Rooney at 0-0.

Miller’s deal expires in June and he’s on record as saying he thinks he won’t get another one.

Caixinha still won’t rule it out but said: “Maybe I’m going to make a new contract extension to Wes for him making a brilliant save when the game was 0-0.

“I am making my assessment and I will tell you when I think is the right time to tell you, whether Kenny is going to continue or not.”

It's a funny old game sometimes. On our last visit we were much better and lost. Today we were good at creating chances but we're not in the game for large chunks. A terrible pitch that bobbled and bounced was not helping either side, but given we have better technical players it affected the likes of Toral & Hyndman more than the hammer-throwers in red.

Jack should have been off in only 3 mins but Clancy was Clancy. A terrible high lunge tackle was only a yellow about 20 mins in, and the elbow that broke Wilsons nose from Rooney was another certain red card IF the team jerseys were opposite colours.

Miller was easily the worst player on the park for an hour today, I was well into double figures with the amount of times he gave the ball straight to Dolly, including the move that led to Dolly's best chance of the game. But an absolutely sublime finish for the opener and a cool composed finish for the second (not something even his admirers normally can say about him!) turned this game around just when it looked like there was only going to be one winner. You would almost think he was seeking a new deal or something! Thanks but definitely no thanks.

For me the game turned on the impact of Dodoo on for the allheartnaetalent Garner, a master substitution to give us more pace and direct running. I was disappointed Dodoo was asked to play wide but I will give Pedro some credit in his after-match analysis as I only seen the game on tv from a bar in Liverpool with no sound (thankfully!) that he identified that was where Dolly were leaving space in their bid to win the game. A perfectly weighted pass from Dodoo to set up Millers second was so important, a lovely third goal and he also had time to crack one off the bar as well guaranteed him my MOTM award, with Wilson a close second.

Talking of Wilson, what a couple of games he has had as the senior CH nurturing the two kids through two clean sheets against two very physical sides without putting a foot wrong. 2 games doesn't make up for two years of abject failure but he deserves some praise for stepping up when required. Hopefully the new manager has instilled some belief into him that MW couldn't, and he can push on and be the CH we all thought he was going to be.

Finally we got an away win against a top 4 side after 2 seasons of struggles. Oh how those stupid dropped points under Murty hurt even more now.

However Pedro cannot claim the credit for this victory, oh no. Tis yours truly to thank for that. My third missed game due to holidays this season, and we have won 3-0, 4-0 & 3-0. Anybody want to pay me to go on holiday for the semi-final?

So!, Sportscene, it should have been an Aberdeen penalty for Wilsons' challenge on MGinn(sp)!, Embarrassing from Wagner for going down despite them admitting there was contact!, no mention or showing of the deliberate elbow from Rooney which broke Wilsons' nose!, no mention of the late kick on Toral!, no mention of their keeper taking a dive to get Wagner booked/sent off!, no reaction to diving from Hayes when Holt was already booked, no mention or showing of Shinney running around kicking any Rangers player in sight:D....................................................

So!, Sportscene, it should have been an Aberdeen penalty for Wilsons' challenge on MGinn(sp)!, Embarrassing from Wagner for going down despite them admitting there was contact!, no mention or showing of the deliberate elbow from Rooney which broke Wilsons' nose!, no mention of the late kick on Toral!, no mention of their keeper taking a dive to get Wagner booked/sent off!, no reaction to diving from Hayes when Holt was already booked, no mention or showing of Shinney running around kicking any Rangers player in sight:D....................................................

My only surprise is your surprise! Should have stuck with the golf!

My only surprise is your surprise! Should have stuck with the golf!

Oh!, I wasn't surprised!, and I don't normally watch that shit, but I had tonight with a wee smile on my face...................

I bet that punter was the only one cheering Dodoo hitting the bar and Miller's rebound being cleared off the line.

Dodoo was seriously impressive on the ball for the short time. He looks like he has toned up a bit which I said after the thistle game he needed to do and he must be a starter next week. 2 quality finishes against Thistle and a good goal and assist yesterday and then that effort off the bar at the end.

Waghorn was unlucky not to have a quality goal in the first half, it came in fast and he just needed the connection.

A game of two halves though, we dominated the first half and I thought Hyndman was pulling the creative strings so was surprised when he was pulled. But to go on the counter paid off.

Foderingham had 2 or 3 top saves so deserves credit along with an impressive young defence.

Millers first goal was still an absolutely sublime finish.

Next week is a good fixture list for us. We need to take care of Partick at Ibrox. St Johnstone play Aberdeen in Perth so if we win our game something will give in the other game meaning we stretch our lead over 4th or gain on 2nd or both. Qualifying for Europe is the first aim and we then worry about 2nd.

He does work hard and is a good professional. Both his goals were great today. It's not the first time, this season, that he has scored important goals either.

The question is "Can we win the league with him playing?".

We need to find players that match our ambitions. Sadly for Miller I think that means that we need to move on.

Unfortunately, I agree. There are moments in the game when I think, 'how the f*** is he playing?', then he goes and scores a screamer?! He is a consummate professional, but I agree I don't think we can win the league with him playing regularly. I would like to see him get another deal, to have him around and to play a part, but I would like to see us get someone else in there.