Aberdeen 0 - 3 Rangers (Miller 79, 81; Dodoo 83)

Didn't you know the only team capable of beating Barry Town is Chelsea who have the best manager in the world.... but who, 5 months ago, wasn't good enough for them ? :ninja:

Maybe I am out of the loop.

I thought Man Red had the best manager in the world. :confused:

I know TB dislikes Miller but the one thing nobody can complain about is his workrate.

Consummate professional is absolutely right. Rannhimself into the ground for the team today, and got his just rewards !! Funnily enough... both goals he didn't have time to think about them and stuck them away well.

He does work hard and is a good professional. Both his goals were great today. It's not the first time, this season, that he has scored important goals either.

The question is "Can we win the league with him playing?".

We need to find players that match our ambitions. Sadly for Miller I think that means that we need to move on.

BBC Radio Scotland was a hoot at the final whistle. You had Richard Gordon, Wullie Miller, Rob McLean, and Chris McLaughlin drowning, and grasping for a line with a modicum of purchase. Richard thought the game was the very epitome of one side's total domination being usurped by a four minute piece of the action. Not unsurprisingly, Chris McLaughlin's first question to McInnes was framed as such. Wullie preferred to lament Aberdeen's failure to capitalise and blamed poor defending for all three Rangers goal.

As those last breaths were giving out on the last vestiges of oxygen, along came Michael toting a lifebelt. Apparently, Michael Stewart's presentation on tonight's Sportscene proves the Dandies should have been awarded a first half penalty. Michael was at pains to say, "not the first angle, but the subsequent camera angles are more interesting". Richard, Rob, and Chris could all remember Danny Wilson's challenge on ..... somebody in red, and it will be ........... interesting. Oh Michael, just because Big Eck took you on that fortnight long pre-season tour to Austria and Germany, ah mean we even beat Roma 4-1, and the squad thought you were marvelous, and ........... but didn't offer you a contract. It still hurts, doesn't it?

I should mention Alex Rae was also on today. He revealed he had interrupted a family break in Portugal to take in the game for BBC Scotland. He nailed big Richard in the following passage :

Richard : 'these big games still raise excitement levels'

Rae : 'even old pro's are still up for it'

Richard : 'like I said to you in the car park before the game, ah guess it's the level of anticipation'

Rae : 'honestly Richard, I think your levels of anticipation were considerably higher than mine, particularly the way you were skipping across the car park'.

Richard : nervous and embarrassed laughter.

We await Michael's life saving skill tonight at 22.30hrs on BBC 1.

I would have given him another year.... but I'm happy right now we have Pedro. I'm fine admitting I may have been wrong.

Are those who were blasting Pedro as posh just a day or two ago prepared to admit that he made them eat their words today ??? For a day at least ??

No! How did he make us eat our words? Our play was pish. We could hardly put 3 passes together. Brilliant result but a very poor showing. Wilson was my man of the match followed by Holt. Miller got the MOM but apart from the 2 goals he wasn't that great Bates makes a lot of mistakes and we we rode our luck a few times. Logan should have done more when Beerman got turned inside out but they are still young and can certainly hold their heads high with their performances. The other plus for me was Dodoo. He was dumped after scoring 2 against Thistle so I hope he gets a chance for a few games. he is certainly more of a goal threat than McKay.

Pete we could go back to the tippy tappy passing game,playing in triangles while waiting for MW to shout "EURAKA" I've found a plan "B".

At least now we are playing with heart again,it may not be pretty,it may be scary.but it puts us back on the edge of our seats.