Aberdeen 0 - 3 Rangers (Miller 79, 81; Dodoo 83)

C8-AHaMXoAAlNOD.jpg

Another fecund liar; Scottish fitba' is festooned with them.

There is no doubt that Garner was 'nutted' twice, although Jack actually employed little force in either.

Garner exaggerated the impact. Still a red card for Jack, for 'Violent Conduct'.

I thought Hyndman was anonymous again. We were under the cosh when he was on so I disagree that we lost shape, or whatever you want to call it, once he went off.

Windass and Dodoo have better running ability for the counter -- I think that's what PC was counting on towards the end.

As good a goal as that was from Miller, WTF is Waghorn doing missing from 5 yards?! It doesn't matter now, but that costs us too often.

That was a solid defensive performance. The youngsters gave the ball away at times, but they were solid for the most part. I think Wilson looks better too -- with added responsibility? I always thought he was the one who needed guidance. I really think our defensive performances have been much improved under PC -- it's still quite early, though.

GIRUY Dolly! So f**king easy... Brought a tear to me eye!

Agree with much of what you say - but I will cut Waghorn some slack for his miss. You would expect him to finish it - but the ball travels over the top of the Aberdeen defender so he doesn't get to see the true flight of the ball till last second, and it has been travelling through the air where some would have expected the defender to get a touch.

It isn't the sitter some are making it out to be - indeed, he actually makes a cracking, powerful touch on it - he just got under it.

Saying "How does Waghorn miss from 5 yards" makes it sound like it is a tap-in - it was far, far from being a tap-in.

We seemed to go to pieces for the next period of the game though. We looked totally lost between then and the 79th minute....

I thought the same re Wilson and the defence. Impressive with the young Bates beside him - or does that help him concentrate?

I said the other night that Wilson looked far, far better with Bates beside him rather than Hill - there can be very little doubt that it is because he knows he is the senior CB and needs to assist the younger, more inexperienced partner. I think we all thought Wilson needed experience beside him - but it is starting to look like the added responsibility of being the mentor is making him concentrate more and making fewer mistakes.

Dare I say it, and quietly, in the last couple of games Danny Wilson has actually looked like a SPFL centre half.

Makes you wonder how they will approach their game with the sheep if we're closing in on them.

They will want to finish the season undefeated. So they will settle for a draw.

The sheep couldn't beat the manks if they were given 4 of a start mate.

Bottlers of the highest order.

That isn't his point - his point is whether Celtic will chuck the game to ensure 2nd place for Aberdeen.

It isn't the sitter some are making it out to be - indeed, he actually makes a cracking, powerful touch on it - he just got under it.

Saying "How does Waghorn miss from 5 yards" makes it sound like it is a tap-in - it was far, far from being a tap-in.

Yeah I agree with that. It came on a difficult trajectory and I think he did indeed expect the defender to get some sort of touch on it. Had a fraction of a second to position himself and there is always the chance of getting under it in such circumstances and in fact even better circumstances than that. How many times do we see it blazed high even when they have a first touch to line it up.

That isn't his point - his point is whether Celtic will chuck the game to ensure 2nd place for Aberdeen.

Yep. They could even field a third string under the pretence of blooding youngsters while having nothing to play for which though that be true would they field a third string against us with nothing to play for?